Aaron Hernandez widow sues NFL/Patriots because he had severe CTE

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I read elsewhere that he was stage 3, which isn't reached by most former football players until they're in their 70s. By that time, they know they have something seriously wrong with their brains. His suicide makes a lot more sense now. he had been acquitted in the one murder case and I had heard that his appeal was going well on the Lloyd case. In fact, I had had the thought "Damn! He's going to walk out of there a free man." Of course, he also thought he was leaving his wife and child millions, when he was leaving them broke...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I heard on the radio where they were talking about a study showing that drug use appears to make CTE worse. It's still early but if he was that bad, at that early of an age, then the drug use could be a factor. Or he had had a tremendous number of brain injuries over a long period of time.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I heard on the radio where they were talking about a study showing that drug use appears to make CTE worse. It's still early but if he was that bad, at that early of an age, then the drug use could be a factor. Or he had had a tremendous number of brain injuries over a long period of time.
I'm sure, head to head collisions, drug use and other head to head collisions exacerbated his demise. ;)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.