We will Take Bama Down in Nashville...Count on It!!!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IIRC vandy Ron came on Tidefans the last time we played them with the same type commentary. This is his first time on here since. It is okay, let him have his 15 minutes.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
LOL...

Sure you know this, but this is the University of Alabama. NOT Alabama A&M.

RTR!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
That's awesome. I needed a laugh today. I'm all for smoking the peace pipe with your opponent, but someone might want to take the pipe away from this guy. Seems like he's been hitting it a bit too hard of late. :wink:

In all seriousness though, I hope Vandy makes a run at it this year. Of course I don't think they have a shot in hell of beating us at this point, but I think Mason could build a decent program. Always fun to see a bottom feeder turn it around for a while. As a rule I typically do pull for Vandy.

BigDore

Sep 21, 2017
We typically pull for Bama too especially since you beat UT every year. In fact, my favorite player of all time is none other than Mr Cornelius Bennett. Man that dude was a nasty LB. I have been a Vandy fan since 1976. Never been this excited about a Vandy team. I don't think we stand a snow balls chance in hell against Bama, but I sure as heck think we do against the rest of our schedule. RTR and enjoy Nashville. Hope we can hang with you for at least 3 quarters. Anchor Down.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
We typically pull for Bama too especially since you beat UT every year. In fact, my favorite player of all time is none other than Mr Cornelius Bennett. Man that dude was a nasty LB. I have been a Vandy fan since 1976. Never been this excited about a Vandy team. I don't think we stand a snow balls chance in hell against Bama, but I sure as heck think we do against the rest of our schedule. RTR and enjoy Nashville. Hope we can hang with you for at least 3 quarters. Anchor Down.
If I'm a Vandy fan I hold out hope that "my" defense can take advantage of some limitations in Bama's passing game and offensive line weaknesses. Then hope "we" get some bounces with the ball that go "our" way (ala Ole Miss v Bama 5 turnover game). It can happen. I've painfully watched it happen. Odds are Vandy doesn't win this game but the game still has to be played and lord knows what could happen.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I commend the individual for sticking up for his team and I have to say that Vandy is the best team in Tennessee -- of course, that's not saying much as Tennessee is certainly not a hot bed for college football. They have a decent defense but I can't see Vandy scoring or stopping the Bama O from scoring.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
That is interesting, particularly if you put it in the context of more than couple posters on this forum who question whether or not we`re truly the # 1 team in the nation right now !
Yea, we bicker about that amongst ourselves. We don't go to Clemson and Oklahoma forums and proclaim that Bama is the #1 team after 3 weeks..

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I do need do thank Vandy for one thing; in 1984 I was out bass fishing on Lay Lake and having one of my best days ever.
I was listening to Bama-Vandy on my Walkman( remember those?) and Vandy won; ruined my day.
That night the barners rolled toomer's corner; that from then on clarified one thing for the rest of my life that has never changed; I hope the barn never wins another game in the history of the world. In fact; it makes me mad if they win a coin toss(courtesy of Larry from Shelby)
Thanks Vandy; RTR

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Yea, we bicker about that amongst ourselves. We don't go to Clemson and Oklahoma forums and proclaim that Bama is the #1 team after 3 weeks..
I'm inclined to cut the Vandy fans some slack. We don't do what you describe above because we generally know we have a very good chance that we will be highly ranked later in the season. On the other hand, if Vandy has some gaudy stats after three games I don't mind if they have a little fun with it before they come back down to Earth.

If that makes any sense.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
It would be screamingly funny if the Commode-doors are the East winner. Lose tomorrow, but play us again in the ATL. Dawgs and Viles would be suicidal.

Especially the Viles.

Too funny . . .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.