We will Take Bama Down in Nashville...Count on It!!!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Love Nashville and always pull for Vandy when they're not playing Bama.
I think we win by about 17, as I've said, but I appreciate the confidence and wish Vandy the best for the rest of the season.
I'd love to see the east come down to Vandy-Kentucky, and it's somewhat of a remote possibility if Mississippi State tags Georgia with a loss this weekend.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Eh, this was obviously tongue in cheek by Vandy Ron. Either that or he got football confused with an SAT competition.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Hey Ron, when you go to let that "Anchor Down" remember to drop it outside the boat!
As Bugs would say: What a maroon! ;)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm inclined to cut the Vandy fans some slack. We don't do what you describe above because we generally know we have a very good chance that we will be highly ranked later in the season. On the other hand, if Vandy has some gaudy stats after three games I don't mind if they have a little fun with it before they come back down to Earth.

If that makes any sense.
Oh sure. Having fun with it is fine. I just can't have a serious discussion about anybody being ranked #1 in anything after 3 games. Heard many Vandy fans tout the #1 defense line that I think some of them are starting to believe it. That's delusional..

Chastide

Scout Team
Jan 11, 2004
Huntington, WV
Crimsonaudio, Please don't get your panties in a wad over this. If you want to ban me then go ahead. I'm just having some fun as I have in past years on this board when Vandy plays Bama, I've never received your kind of reply. I'm a big Bama Fan and love that Bama sets the bar for excellence at all levels of football. RTR!

Our only hope is Bama being extremely over confident, not up for the game, Vandy plays a perfect game, the ball bounces our way and the refs don't take the game away. It's happen before, and it certainly can happen again. Anchor Down!!!

Wishing all Bama fans safe travel to Nashville and back home! RTR!
I like this guy! Roll Tide and Anchor Down.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Oh sure. Having fun with it is fine. I just can't have a serious discussion about anybody being ranked #1 in anything after 3 games. Heard many Vandy fans tout the #1 defense line that I think some of them are starting to believe it. That's delusional..
Are they #1 in defense "right now?" Doesn't really mean anything but they are #1 in something so I don't have any problem with Vandy fans beating their chest a little. Most fans are not as blessed to pull for a team as decorated as The Crimson Tide!!!

Also, they are #1 in defense until a team proves otherwise. May that come to fruition today! RTR!!!!!!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I will be surprised if we don't exceed their per game rushing yardage allowed in the first half.
I would personally have absolutely no problem if today we establish an identity on O as a line up, stop-us-if-you-can, downhill running team with a short to medium passing game to keep the safeties from crowding up with an occasional deep route.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Interesting how our opponents have a lot to say before a game but very little to say after the game.
It's a lot like asking out the hawt chick in the bar. It ain't the walk over to her when you're nervous that's the issue - it's that long walk back to where you came from when she says, "Buzz off, creep."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.