Outside Perception of Arkansas

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
My outside perception is the current team has no identity. I think Bielema is on his last legs to be honest. I suspect he, Sumlin and Butch Jones will be out of jobs by year's end.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
What had Jerry Jones done to deserve being in the Pro Football Hall of Fame anyways?
He fired Tom Landry?

Hired Barry Switzer?

I dunno..................must be because he claims he is "in charge of the socks and jocks". I really do not know. I just know I am sick of hearing him, or about him.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I liked the hire at the time. He was a good coach at Wisconsin.

I think the problem is that in the SEC West it's hard to play that pro-style power football unless you're recruiting the best talent and that's pretty much impossible to do when you're going up against Alabama, Auburn, and LSU, let alone A&M, cheating Ole Miss, etc. Regardless he's clearly been a big disappointment and I simply don't see much improvement. I'd be surprised if he was still the head coach at the end of the year.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
So let's flip it for our Arky inquisitor to an "inside perception of Arkansas" and what Bert has to do to save his job? Beat 'Bama and what else? Or would just one win - over 'Bama - be an apocalyptic moment of salvation for him even with Sooey-Sooey .500 ball the rest of the way?

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Arky definitely needs better recruiting, especially for defense. I'm not sure a coaching change would improve that, unless they landed that pesky guy named Saban. Realistically, find an assistant with a history of great recruiting skills. Bielema could have a contender with a strong defense.
Good luck with the rest of the season! Go Hogs! (Except on Oct. 14.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.