Empathy Quotient

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I got an 80 out of 80, but I just told it what it wanted to hear.
Funny thing is, even with my high score, I didn't. I actually pondered each question and tried to give an honest answer. I had a lot of "slightlies" in there, which makes my score, to me, even more surprising. I really think my score is too high and I think it's the way their test is designed and scored...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
My score was low. I think that this test is really measuring our perceptions of our own empathy. People that know me say that I don't act like an engineer. This makes me think my actual score is higher than my perceived score.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I got 28.

So basically TIDEHSV is moderating a forum with TIDEMOM, CULLMAN, CAJUN, CHARMIN, CCC259, a conman in TIDEWATER ;) and then a bunch of people (16+) who are either borderline autistic and/or have Aspberg's syndrome.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
My score was low. I think that this test is really measuring our perceptions of our own empathy. People that know me say that I don't act like an engineer. This makes me think my actual score is higher than my perceived score.
Truth be told it's hard to measure empathy (significantly nonverbal and interpersonal) with a written test. Im not saying the test has no value,just that it's like trying to measure eye hand coordination by playing video games on the couch.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I scored 50. I'm certain that being happily married for 17 years and having a wonderful daughter has made me more empathetic. I also have no doubt that I would have scored much lower when I was younger.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Jesus......sent the results to my wife who has for years given me a "pep talk" before going into social situations to "act like Andy Griffith from the Andy Griffith show" when interacting with people.

Otherwise I say things that would make Deadpool vomit. I'm not retarded, I just get easily frustrated/angered over social interactions and what's considered the norm. I understand the concept, just don't see the need. And before someone goes to the extreme for comparisons, I understand that in a social situation I don't go grab a random ladies boobs, because that's sexual assault, and clearly transcends normative social interaction.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Do you think as we evolve as a more web based society where interactions such as ours are carried out via snarky, degrading, unsympathetic comments because we don't interact on a personal level that is the new norm?

Sometimes it's easy to fire off an email that is riddled with accusations than to walk over to someone's office and meet with them and discuss the issues. So much non-verbal communication is lost in the process. Whether it's facial expressions, pitch (ok, that's verbal), hand gestures, posture, etc.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Do you think as we evolve as a more web based society where interactions such as ours are carried out via snarky, degrading, unsympathetic comments because we don't interact on a personal level that is the new norm?

Sometimes it's easy to fire off an email that is riddled with accusations than to walk over to someone's office and meet with them and discuss the issues. So much non-verbal communication is lost in the process. Whether it's facial expressions, pitch (ok, that's verbal), hand gestures, posture, etc.
Ooooooohhhhh no.

I'm way more likely to say something I regret than to send it in an email.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I honestly don't know but I am of the belief that technology is ultimately going to move more and more in a direction that makes virtual life more similar to normal life. For a small example look at emoji's. Obviously they are imperfect but part of their idea is to convey nonverbal cues over text which was previously impossible. Just my opinion and I'm sure if I'm off here someone who has read more on the subject will correct me.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
42. Does that mean I'm awful?

No, just means that you are the answer to everything.

And that there is something fundamentally wrong with the universe.

As to my score...............

Only one other person has admitted to scoring lower. That really chaps my hide. I'm gonna have to go back and have another go at it.

(If any of that surprises you...............as '92 would say: "You must be new around here.")

Now to decide if it is time for another nap, or "Widlarize" a HDD, which has been acting up. Leaning to the latter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.