Sad day...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So sad. I hate cancer. Prayers for you and the former missus.
Thanks. It's esophageal. She really didn't have much in the way of symptoms. She called and asked me for a recommendation and I got her into my GE doc, who's also a close friend. She'd put me down on the HIPAA form, so he called me and I could tell he was shaken. He's normally a pretty cool-headed character...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Sincere best wishes to her and the people she will be leaving. It speaks highly of you that she would cite you on that form. I hope her final day is peaceful.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Glad she managed to stick to the fight that long. Not sure that I'd be that strong in the same situation but I hope I would.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sincere best wishes to her and the people she will be leaving. It speaks highly of you that she would cite you on that form. I hope her final day is peaceful.
She's conscious but on a morphine pump. In a certain sense, her problems are finally ending and my life is getting more complicated, since I'm her PR (executor) and trustee for our grandchildren...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sorry to hear this, Earle. My sincerest condolences.

Kinda puts a damper on the day....as it should.

Peace to you and yours.....
Yes. I had just commented to my wife that I hated just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. Years ago, the doctors told her at Johns-Hopkins that, when the chemo ceased to work, the cancer would take off like wildfire. They were right. Last week, she was talking about going to a dance. Tuesday, she complained about her pain level to me, which was very unusual. It's really been similar to a sudden collapse...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yes. I had just commented to my wife that I hated just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. Years ago, the doctors told her at Johns-Hopkins that, when the chemo ceased to work, the cancer would take off like wildfire. They were right. Last week, she was talking about going to a dance. Tuesday, she complained about her pain level to me, which was very unusual. It's really been similar to a sudden collapse...
I assume hospice is involved and thus pain and comfort being managed. At this point that is all one can do, I think. Thinking of you and yours, Earle....stay strong for your family....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I assume hospice is involved and thus pain and comfort being managed. At this point that is all one can do, I think. Thinking of you and yours, Earle....stay strong for your family....
The hospital is discharging her to hospice this afternoon and my daughters are driving her back here. Fingers crossed...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.