Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Bama vs. Vandy...

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I don't think there's any question he's been holding back...
That's good to know. It will be fun to see what's in store for later. I am almost finished reading Phil Savage's book, 4th and Goal Every Day. It is fascinating. I knew the coaches did a lot of work with other team's game film, but did not realize Phil Savage does too, starting during summer.

On another note, I still have not seen anything on ESPN.com about our game. That is just strange. I know there were more competitive games yesterday, but why not include our game summary since they had a build up to it? At this rate, it looks like it could be us v UGA in the SEC champ game.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I just wanted to post the final stats so everyone can appreciate how the team dominated yesterday. Vandy had three first downs. Total yards 677-78. From the gamecast stats it seems the deepest they got was their own 44. And that was on the first drive thanks to the roughing the QB penalty. Other than that the best they did was the 41.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I'm just getting to this thread......to be honest, I expected a bit more from Vandy, and a bit less from us. Thrilled I was wrong on both counts. What a game! RTR!

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Without going back through the thread; has anybody mentioned SEVEN consecutive games without a turnover?
That will win a lot of games.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Somebody just put up on my Facebook page a ground-level shot of the RBs chastising Saban for taking a knee 5 yards short of a TD and an even 500 yards rushing. CBS just showed a flash of it. Actually, it went on for quite a while and they really got animated. I think this is a public post. Someone let me know if it isn't...

LINK

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
This is my first visit to this thread since the game. I have read nothing today about the game, but let me guess what the Vanderbilt players have said about the game.

"Alabama is a good team, but we beat ourselves yesterday"
"If we had played our game we would have won".
"Turnovers and unforced errors beat us, but we had our chances".
"I really thought they would be tougher".
"Yeah, we did not play our best game today".
Actually, that's not really how they came off to me. They said Bama was simply a better team and admitted they we're not in the same league.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Somebody just put up on my Facebook page a ground-level shot of the RBs chastising Saban for taking a knee 5 yards short of a TD and an even 500 yards rushing. CBS just showed a flash of it. Actually, it went on for quite a while and they really got animated. I think this is a public post. Someone let me know if it isn't...

LINK
Also watched a tape of Rashaan Evans shoving the Vandy tackle over like he`s a child. 236 vs 316. Thank you Coach Scott Cochran!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

LINK
That was funny - Saban really seems to like these players.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Disclaimer before I even post what I'm about to post. *Jalen Hurts is our starting QB and needs to be our starting QB. He gives us the best chance to win.*

After watching Tua play yesterday, the amount of plays he played and the types of plays they allowed him to run despite the game being completely out of hand. I believe at some point during this season we're going to see packages for Tua during parts of games to create a vertical, downfield passing attack. Our running game looked absolutely abusive yesterday but let's be realistic. We won't do Clemson like that. We won't do that in the four team playoffs. I can easily see playing a defense (Clemson for example) and they've clamped down on our running game and have taken away our short horizontal passing game. Tue comes in with a pre-prepared set of plays he's comfortable with and they use him to take the top of the defense and take advantage of the defense "squatting" on routes when Hurts is in there.

Guys, the passes that kid threw yesterday were amazing. The ball comes out of his hand like lightning. I thought Gary Danielson was about to have an orgasm in the booth watching Tua throw. You could tell he was genuinely in aw of Tua's arm and passing skills. We've got something very, very special in #13.

Again, refer back to my opening statement in bold. You don't sit that type of talent on the sidelines. You find a way to make him apart of your offense. Even if it's in a non-starter role.

LINK
It’s a public post.

As a matter of fact:

https://youtu.be/O_Kh05h2BAk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Disclaimer before I even post what I'm about to post. *Jalen Hurts is our starting QB and needs to be our starting QB. He gives us the best chance to win.*

After watching Tua play yesterday, the amount of plays he played and the types of plays they allowed him to run despite the game being completely out of hand. I believe at some point during this season we're going to see packages for Tua during parts of games to create a vertical, downfield passing attack. Our running game looked absolutely abusive yesterday but let's be realistic. We won't do Clemson like that. We won't do that in the four team playoffs. I can easily see playing a defense (Clemson for example) and they've clamped down on our running game and have taken away our short horizontal passing game. Tue comes in with a pre-prepared set of plays he's comfortable with and they use him to take the top of the defense and take advantage of the defense "squatting" on routes when Hurts is in there.

Guys, the passes that kid threw yesterday were amazing. The ball comes out of his hand like lightning. I thought Gary Danielson was about to have an orgasm in the booth watching Tua throw. You could tell he was genuinely in aw of Tua's arm and passing skills. We've got something very, very special in #13.

Again, refer back to my opening statement in bold. You don't sit that type of talent on the sidelines. You find a way to make him apart of your offense. Even if it's in a non-starter role.
The speed at which he releases the ball and the fact that he throws left handed makes my brain think the TV is glitching or something.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Would neither surprise nor bother me one bit. Kid can flat throw it. Better arm than Jalen?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Too early to tell since those plays were in garbage time, but the game seems to have slowed down a bit for Tua. He is just balling out there. You need to see him do something with the game still very much in doubt to know what he is really capable of, IMO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We had seven rushers with more attempts than Vandy had total first downs. That's insane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

LINK
HA!!! Do yourself a treat and read Rashaan Evans Lips!! "They asked for this *posterior*(TF Edit) whipping!!!! repeated several times!!! LOLOlolololOLOLOl.

Please somebody from Ole Miss talk trash this week......Please.

HA!!! Do yourself a treat and read Rashaan Evans Lips!! "They asked for this *posterior*(TF Edit) whipping!!!! repeated several times!!! LOLOlolololOLOLOl.

Please somebody from Ole Miss talk trash this week......Please.
I’m really hoping someone says something sideways. It shouldn’t matter to them for Ole Miss though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.