Game Thread: KY cats v Gators

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I only caught the last 7-8 mins of the game but HOW did Franks get benched AGAIN after that Tenn. miracle last week?

McElwain seems to be channeling CSS with the QB yanking. Did the kid play that bad??

I don't see how UF is going to get far with that situation. UGA is in the driver seat big time in the East.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I feel badly for those UK kids. They played hard and executed well for most of the game. However, how can you leave a receiver completely uncovered not once but twice? Ouch.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Even in winning, Coach Mac's offense looked pretty bad.
I think that has been the case his entire time at UF. They have found ways to win the last few years, but they have rarely looked very good. Getting the W is what counts the most, but you would think they would find a way to look good occasionally.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Man, that holding call was a killer. I can see them finishing strong and losing only to UGA & maybe a SECw foe. 10-2 or 9-3 is fantastic for a team like UK. Stoops is improving that program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was just coming to this thread to ask what everyone thinks about Mark Stoops.

Kentucky has improved every year he has been there (record wise) except from year 2 to 3 where they went 5-7 both years.

They were a missed field goal away from being 4-0 and breaking a losing streak against Florida that dates back to 1989.

Could be a pretty good year for Kentucky considering the rest of the east minus Georgia seem to be pretty mediocre. Might end up being 3rd in the east behind Georgia and Florida. Hopefully they will take Tennessee to the woodshed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I went to this game as part of my Sec Stadium Tour with my dad.

KY outplayed UF, no question, but deserved to lose. DESERVED TO LOSE.

Any team that leaves a WR uncovered THREE TIMES in a game (something I don't recall ever seeing in a CFB game) deserves to lose.

This UF team is one of the least intimidating football teams I've ever seen at Florida (sorry, Bazza), but they have enough talent to take advantage of mistakes...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I went to this game as part of my Sec Stadium Tour with my dad.

KY outplayed UF, no question, but deserved to lose. DESERVED TO LOSE.

Any team that leaves a WR uncovered THREE TIMES in a game (something I don't recall ever seeing in a CFB game) deserves to lose.

This UF team is one of the least intimidating football teams I've ever seen at Florida (sorry, Bazza), but they have enough talent to take advantage of mistakes...
Glad you were able to go to the game with your Dad, CA....that's awesome!

I think you made a good point about the talent being there for us but Coach Mac and staff are still trying to figure out how to put everything in place - especially after losing some key starters on offense and one on defense right at the start of the season. Even the QB position is fluid right now.

I was VERY happy for LDR that he was given this opportunity to bring the team back for the win.

And a big thank you for processing Vandy for us.....we need all the help we can get right now! :D

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I was VERY happy for LDR that he was given this opportunity to bring the team back for the win.
Indeed - between putting him in and the change in play calling, UF went from lethargic and largely ineffective to actually moving the ball pretty well. Didn't hurt that KY decided it wise to leave a WR uncovered not once but twice... :biggrin:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.