I'm worried about Tua

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that someone has a serious man crush on Tua. Remember, by the time Tua came into that game, Vandy had pretty much quit. He played well, but Jalen is simply amazing.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Please do not come down hard on me for posting this, but

apparently we are about to confront the dilemma of having two quarterbacks one year apart, both of whom whom may be better than any Bama QB in our lifetimes.

It might be premature to say that. But my gosh, what sort of frosh plays like that with a couple of quarters experience? And why in the world would Tua sit until his senior year?

This is a real problem. We can't just ignore it like it doesn't exist. I'm afraid other schools are going to start recruiting this kid.

How do we keep them both? Can't we just play both of them?
With all due respect, you have been on here since January of this year and every thread you have started has to do with Tua vs Hurts and quite frankly I think most on here are tired of your obsession with this topic. Do you really think Coach Saban does not understand the dynamics of the competition and isn't capable of handling this? You need to give it up.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I honestly think OP is a troll. All of his posts that I've seen are anti Bama or trying to create in fighting between members here. Just my .02..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Last time you started a thread about Tua, you seemed to be suggesting he start over Hurts.

I wish Alabama could have redshirted Tua, but they couldn't. Truth is he probably transfers sooner or later...
Had he been able to redshirt, then the problem goes away. Tua would have a two year eligibility gap, but all the other scholarship QBs transferred, so... here we are.

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
I honestly think OP is a troll. All of his posts that I've seen are anti Bama or trying to create in fighting between members here. Just my .02..
The consensus on this board is that this isn't a valid topic and is "anti-Bama". Thus the hateful responses. So I'll just stop posting. No point if I can't express myself truthfully about what I'm seeing on the field and what is on my mind without it being seen as offensive.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Last time you started a thread about Tua, you seemed to be suggesting he start over Hurts.

I wish Alabama could have redshirted Tua, but they couldn't. Truth is he probably transfers sooner or later...
Had he been able to redshirt, then the problem goes away. Tua would have a two year eligibility gap, but all the other scholarship QBs transferred, so... here we are.
No reason he couldn't redshirt his Soph. year. If he continues to impress in backup duty, CNS/we'll know what we've got in him.

If CNS/Tua would like to put some time in between him and Hurts, Mac Jones could easily handle mop up duty next year and Tua could still be the official #2 in case of a Hurts injury.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
If Tua transfers after this season it makes no sense for him to ever have committed. When he committed there was no doubt, barring unforseen circumstances, that Hurts was going to be the starter. He was the starter last year, so it wasn't like Alabama came into the season having to replace the starter from the year before. So, to me, Tua knew what he was getting into when he signed and with his family moving here to be near him I think he is in it for the long haul. Besides if Jalen keeps improving who is to say that he won't leave after his Jr. year?

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The consensus on this board is that this isn't a valid topic and is "anti-Bama". Thus the hateful responses. So I'll just stop posting. No point if I can't express myself truthfully about what I'm seeing on the field and what is on my mind without it being seen as offensive.
Maybe you should call Saban personally and let him know your insights. I am sure he will appreciate it.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If Tua transfers after this season it makes no sense for him to ever have committed. When he committed there was no doubt, barring unforseen circumstances, that Hurts was going to be the starter. He was the starter last year, so it wasn't like Alabama came into the season having to replace the starter from the year before. So, to me, Tua knew what he was getting into when he signed and with his family moving here to be near him I think he is in it for the long haul. Besides if Jalen keeps improving who is to say that he won't leave after his Jr. year?

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
That's the perfect response. It couldn't be stated any better. That's why I'm not worried about Tua.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Maybe you should call Saban personally and let him know your insights. I am sure he will appreciate it.
Sounds like a conversation they should have over two little debbies and a cup of coffee. You know so Saban is in a good mood when rips him a new one.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
No point if I can't express myself truthfully about what I'm seeing on the field and what is on my mind without it being seen as offensive.
From the board's perspective, or mine at least, here's what it looked like.

A: You want Tua to start.
B: Hurts looked better so far.

He looked better at A-Day, Tua didn't even play against FSU, he looked better against Fresno St., and Tua's management of the offense against CSU was bad enough that he got pulled just so Hurts and the starters could get some first downs. So you shut up about wanting Tua to start for a bit. Then, finally, when Hurts had a few bad passes and Tua has a few good passes, viola here you are again harping about Tua.

C'mon though man. I'm glad Tua had a good game passing, Alabama might need him if Hurts is injured. But, you sure weren't starting a thread like this when Tua went 1/4 and it was Hurts with the 230 rating...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
In all honesty it is not a valid topic; however, I do not take it as "anti Bama" or offensive. I understand what you are saying and quite frankly there is the possibility Tua may transfer, if he does none of us have any control of what happens. This is the same thing we faced last year with Barnett. IMO, these young QBs should understand the situation at the school he signs with and if the incumbent is entrenched there then he should sign elsewhere. If you are trying to assign blame then Tua should have gone somewhere else.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
To be the man you have to beat the man. That is why he came here. Great athletes want to compete against other great athletes. RTR
Please do not come down hard on me for posting this, but

apparently we are about to confront the dilemma of having two quarterbacks one year apart, both of whom whom may be better than any Bama QB in our lifetimes.

It might be premature to say that. But my gosh, what sort of frosh plays like that with a couple of quarters experience? And why in the world would Tua sit until his senior year?

This is a real problem. We can't just ignore it like it doesn't exist. I'm afraid other schools are going to start recruiting this kid.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I wish Alabama could have redshirted Tua
I know coach Saban didn't do what you said he should, and redshirt Tua. Now you also think he'll get beat out by a younger player? Or get angry or pout if he can't play when he wants?

The question y'all should ask is why he came hear at all. We just used a true freshman, SEC Offensive player of the year that was 1 second away from undefeated never lost a game QB.

Some of you guys should have your fan card revoked.:mad2:

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Just because you think an onion sandwich is the best thing to eat doesn't mean you can't try and get everyone else to eat them. Just don't get your feelings hurt if most prefer not to try them.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Just like you should not get caught up in how a QB does against the 2s and 3s during the first half of A-Day, you should not get caught up with how a QB looks in the second half of an ongoing bludgeoning of Vanderbilt. I like Derek Mason and Vandy has a nice team but they don't have near the athleticism or depth to stay on the field with Alabama.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Good luck to you, Roll Tide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.