Church Shooting in Nashville - 1 Dead 8 Wounded

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://wkrn.com/2017/09/24/breaking-church-shooting-in-antioch-sunday/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – One woman was killed and eight people, including the gunman, were injured in what officials are calling a “mass casualty” incident at a church in Antioch Sunday morning.

Metro police responded to the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ on Pin Hook Road at 11:15 a.m.

The preliminary investigation shows the gunman–identified as Emanual Kidega Samson, 25–arrived to the church in a blue SUV wearing a mask.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This one hit a little close to home as I am member of that fellowship. Recently, we've been updating our building use policy and security plan for situations like this. We're reviewing the former to protect our leadership and facilities from usage in which we would not condone. The latter because you never know when it is going to happen even in a small town and congregation. My prayers are with the families affected.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is a reminder that if your licensed, carrying at all times is better than leaving it in your car. Yes, the man is a hero and likely saved a bunch of people, but had he carried his pistol on him in the building, he might have stopped the threat far more quickly.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
What did you fix? His statement was correct.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I think his point is that even children coming in from some of these areas will be dangerous when they grow up? Some folks may have assumed he was an adult when he moved here and wouldn't see the danger of allowing children to immigrate.

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This is a reminder that if your licensed, carrying at all times is better than leaving it in your car. Yes, the man is a hero and likely saved a bunch of people, but had he carried his pistol on him in the building, he might have stopped the threat far more quickly.
We have licensed, trained individuals and off duty officers (both who are members with us) who are carrying every Sunday and Wednesday. Any fellowship who doesn’t take some sort of measure is unprepared. Unfortunately, it’s just the world we live in. Even though it is rare a gathering of people is susceptible to something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Ok what I meant was he was a racists like Dylan Roof, same thing just the shoe was on the other foot.
I was only guessing.

Don't know what his motivation was at the moment. He only killed one person so, sadly, it may not be a big enough deal for some folks to get worked up about.

Plus, if you could see things from the shooter's point of view you would probably realize he couldn't help himself.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
I was only guessing.

Don't know what his motivation was at the moment. He only killed one person so, sadly, it may not be a big enough deal for some folks to get worked up about.

Plus, if you could see things from the shooter's point of view you would probably realize he couldn't help himself.
I agree. The same amount of people were killed at the Charlottesville rally but this doesn't fit the liberal narrative.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Still waiting on an explanation for the shooter's actions. This article mentions that he was suicidal. He may have some mental problems so maybe he couldn't help himself after all. Civil rights violations are being investigated since this took place at a church. I haven't seen anything to indicate one way or the other regarding race or religion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.