Politics and Football - has it impacted your watching?

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Amusing. A finding against Jones would invalidate most actions by employers in response to the disreputable actions of their employees (e.g. employees being fired or otherwise disciplined for exercising their free speech rights in Charlottesville).
Jones will not lose unless there is something very specific in the CBA. If so, it will not impact anyone else besides the NFL.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This past weekend was the first time in a long time that I didn't watch a single minute of NFL football. I'm very close to tossing in the towel with my fantasy team. May announce to my league that I'll accept any and all trades, fill my lineup with scraps and delete the app.

I don't care that they are protesting but, I'm sick and tired of the non-stop coverage of their protesting. Watching the games was a way to get away from that crap but now you can't. The announcers won't shut up about it, the sideline reporters won't shut up about it, the halftime crew won't shut up about it and the post game guys won't shut up about it. ESPN, all week long, shoves it down our throats. The President won't shut up about it either and now the vice-president.

In the past you never saw the national anthem on TV unless it was a major sporting event like the World Series, Super Bowl etc. Now they make a point to show it before every NFL games with a camera in the faces of the kneeling players. Many times they don't even show the flag, which is more of an insult IMO then the players kneeling. It's TV saying "we don't care about the anthem, just the controversy".

Enough is enough. I'm done watching the NFL until the politics are removed from the broadcast. As far as my fantasy team, I'll give it a few more weeks but, at this point, I have little interest left in playing.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I thought this was an interesting thread to revisit with today's hindsight.

It can serve to refresh the memory of how well received the NLF players' attempts to protest peacefully with no rioting or looting were...

The kneeling acts were always protesting police violence on minorities, although to read this thread Trump obviously had people confused enough that it was misunderstood as a disrespect for the flag.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.