NFL players respect the English anthem but not the American anthem..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I would think a clean cut black man would get a pass before one with dreads. Good or bad, how you choose to present yourself affects how others perceive you. How you dress, how you act toward others all matters. All that said however with some cops it is obvious all that matters is race or social status.
to a point, yes. we had a black assistant rector at our church a couple of years back (nice looking, well put together guy) and he talked about how differently he was treated when he was wearing his collar vs when he wasn't.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I shoot "the bird" at the flag. I spit at the flag. I stomp on the flag. I burn the flag. I sit instead of stand for the anthem.

But ................... I love the good old USA of A.

I can tell there are many on this board who do believe this. We live I different worlds, you and I.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I shoot "the bird" at the flag. I spit at the flag. I stomp on the flag. I burn the flag. I sit instead of stand for the anthem.

But ................... I love the good old USA of A.

I can tell there are many on this board who do believe this. We live I different worlds, you and I.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
national anthem protests will keep growing - sports illustrated

Sunday, Sept. 24, was one of the oddest afternoons of fundamental Americanism that we've seen in an awfully long time, and it was directed by U.S. citizens against misbehaving institutions of their own government—specifically against the president, but also against that which Marvin Gaye called out as "trigger-happy policin'" in 1971 on an album that included backup vocals from Mel Farr and Lem Barney, two Detroit Lions who did not stick to sports. Make me wanna holler, indeed.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I had forgotten that these Anthem events were sponsored marketing. That change anyones opinion?

https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/he...utrage-you-about-the-nfl-the-national-anthem/

I interrupt this .....fest over how unpatriotic those ungrateful NFL players are to bring you the national anthem story you should actually be outraged over. The American government pays the NFL to tell its players to stand during the national anthem. That’s right.

It turns out that from 2011-2014, the Department of Defense spent $5.4 million in contracts with 14 NFL teams for flag ceremonies. The National Guard got in on the action too, and gave $6.7 million to the NFL for the same kind of thing from 2013 to 2015.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This is what I was concerned might happen. Not specifically this, but an escalation.

Language warning for the article folks. It is kinda rough.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...r-is-sparking-outrage-following-nfl-protests/
Yea but you can't really worry about this kind of stuff.

1. Who the heck knows what is actually happening in the photo.
2. NFL players have constantly said it's not about the military and that they respect the military. And as far as I know they have not and will not encourage something like this.
3. People do stupid stuff on the extremes of all political ideas so no matter what something like this is bound to happen.

So, anyone getting furious over this and using it as a reason to be against the protests weren't going to change their minds anyway.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

2. NFL players have constantly said it's not about the military and that they respect the military. And as far as I know they have not and will not encourage something like this.
3. People do stupid stuff on the extremes of all political ideas so no matter what something like this is bound to happen.

So, anyone getting furious over this and using it as a reason to be against the protests weren't going to change their minds anyway.
so, you don't respect the tomb of the unknown soldier? telling ...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Wait, are you suggesting that the people engaging in speech get to determine what they are saying, and not those choosing to misinterpret what they are saying?

If someone says something offensive in explaining the speech, is that the sole determinant of what a large group is saying, regardless of the many's professions to the contrary?

Colin Kaepernick said:
“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color."

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Wait, are you suggesting that the people engaging in speech get to determine what they are saying, and not those choosing to misinterpret what they are saying?

If someone says something offensive in explaining the speech, is that the sole determinant of what a large group is saying, regardless of the many's professions to the contrary?
I have no idea how you got this from what I said.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.