NFL players respect the English anthem but not the American anthem..

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
To add more nuance to the discussion: The LFL to the NFL "We Stand!"

The DailyWire

"The LFL recognizes everyone's First Amendment right to protest, but our nation's flag and anthem are far too sacred," the league said Tuesday. "Too many fellow Americans have made the ultimate sacrifice, so that our flag and anthem continue in all its majesty."

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I just have to laugh at all the talking heads on TV who are trying to explain that disrespecting the flag and anthem is really not disrespecting the flag and the anthem.

Nothing to see here folks, move along. It is not what it appears to be.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
SOBs disrespecting the flag that need to be fired:

Very fine people that care deeply about their country and heritage (oh and are very respectful of the flag somehow):

This world is in bizarro land.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
the exploitation football league that is constantly on the edge of irrelevance takes a stand for press and y'all think it is patriotism, how cute
Not sure who "y'all" are. One guy posted an article that no other conservative here has responded to.

Also that may have been one of the worst optimized web pages I've ever been to in my entire life.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not sure who "y'all" are. One guy posted an article that no other conservative here has responded to.

Also that may have been one of the worst optimized web pages I've ever been to in my entire life.
sorry, just a quick read and I've seen others post the same elsewhere, must have tied "y'all" together in my brain

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
To add more nuance to the discussion: The LFL to the NFL "We Stand!"

The DailyWire
The wording in their statement is interesting and brings up a point that either John Favreau or Jon Lovett made. You can probably simplify this whole debate down to "Is the issue being protested important enough for the method of protest?" And I think that really is were the hang up in this whole discussion is. Those who support the protest think the issue being protested is more important than standing for the anthem. While those who are against the protest think the anthem is too important to use as a means of protest or that the reason for the protest isn't important enough. I don't know if those 2 viewpoints can be easily reconciled especially in an environment of so much polarization.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It seems that the protest has morphed a bit from kneeling during the anthem to kneeling before the anthem and standing during it.
Good. Although I did see where the Lion's owner had to bribe her players with contributions and influence so they would stand for the Anthem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.