NFL players respect the English anthem but not the American anthem..

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I wonder how many NFL players went rushing in to help secure the area at Mandalay Bay last night.......because it would kind of hypocritical that the cops, the so-called champions of oppression, were providing more aid than the self-appointed moralists of unity and racial harmony.

(Btw.....should I conclude from all this kneeling and praying that the NFL is somehow against atheists?)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I wonder how many NFL players went rushing in to help secure the area at Mandalay Bay last night.......because it would kind of hypocritical that the cops, the so-called champions of oppression, were providing more aid than the self-appointed moralists of unity and racial harmony.
Good job using a tragedy to push other things that at best are tangentially connected.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

(Btw.....should I conclude from all this kneeling and praying that the NFL is somehow against atheists?)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
You joke but the NFL and football in general seem to be oddly religious. Arian Foster is the lone NFL or former NFL player who is an outspoken atheist that I know of.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Good job using a tragedy to push other things that at best are tangentially connected.
Ah, having now seen the video on Youtube- Fox News Has a Hard Time Processing the Las Vegas Shooting: The Daily Show (can't link directly for a bit of language) I get where the NFL players vs. cops spin on the mass shooting originated.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Foster played at Tennessee. I suppose the Botch Jones era would cause one to stop believing in God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Not really. I love how you romanticize the “persecution” of atheists.
Idk how Jon meant it but most atheists I know don't consider themselves persecuted. We are pretty clearly disliked by many but in no way shape or form do I think that means we are persecuted.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I have benefit of having read years of posts on the matter.
It's not a claim I've ever made. I've claimed that we are treated poorly for speaking publicly about it, sure, that I've personally lost friendships over it, absolutely, that I fear workplace challenges over it, no question. I've even discussed how surveys consider us to be regarded as less trustworthy than known rapists.

None of these are persecution and I've never claimed it as such

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
It's not a claim I've ever made. I've claimed that we are treated poorly for speaking publicly about it, sure, that I've personally lost friendships over it, absolutely, that I fear workplace challenges over it, no question. I've even discussed how surveys consider us to be regarded as less trustworthy than known rapists.

None of these are persecution and I've never claimed it as such
This is true but obviously it all varies on where you work/live. My biggest struggle is that I grew up in a christian family and met my Fiancee at church so I get a ton of people that just assume I'm christian. This often leads to awkward moments because I either need to clarify that I'm an atheist, which people assume means I hate their religion or they try to "save" me, or I just let it go and pretend I'm christian. I have never personally lost friends over it but that is probably a product of where I live and who I associate with.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
This is true but obviously it all varies on where you work/live. My biggest struggle is that I grew up in a christian family and met my Fiancee at church so I get a ton of people that just assume I'm christian. This often leads to awkward moments because I either need to clarify that I'm an atheist, which people assume means I hate their religion or they try to "save" me, or I just let it go and pretend I'm christian. I have never personally lost friends over it but that is probably a product of where I live and who I associate with.
I was never a christian in anyone's eyes but the catholic churches due to me being baptized as a kid and as I learned when I moved to GA that never made me a "real Christian" anyway. Lost work friends when honest about it in the past so I no longer am which is incredibly ironic. I've dumped some personal friends who can't stop trying to save me and have had a few others that I just simply lost to time as we have no common ground to stand on as my ground exists within reality and theirs does not.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.