C M Newton on SEC Storied

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Look forward to watching; should bring back some memories from my time in school then.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Check it out; wonderful tribute to great and humble man.
Watching Coach Bryant cheer his team on at their first NIT from the end of the bench was special.
He took our team from .200 record when I started school to .800+ when I graduated.
I remember vividly when they brought out Leon Douglas at halftime of a game to a packed house during his recruiting. They had passed our pamphlets that instructed everyone to stand and chant "WE WANT LEON" ; it worked.
And yes, PM; I felt a bit of the sadness that C.M. must be feeling with the events of yesterday. Particularly as pertains to one of his prize coaches as AD at KY.
RTR CM!

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ironic there's a Cam tribute with all the shenanigans in the NCAA b-ball including at Auburn

On a more serious note - great!!!!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I watched it in its entirety. Very tastefully done and a very accurate reflection of Coach Newton. Very glad they brought in Leon Douglas and Wendell Hudson to help tell the story. I was around in 1976 when we lost that game to Indiana but I had never seen the bad call by the officials in that game that basically gave it to the Hoosiers and robbed us of continuing on a trajectory that would have more than likely resulted in a Bama NC in baskeball.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I watched it in its entirety. Very tastefully done and a very accurate reflection of Coach Newton. Very glad they brought in Leon Douglas and Wendell Hudson to help tell the story. I was around in 1976 when we lost that game to Indiana but I had never seen the bad call by the officials in that game that basically gave it to the Hoosiers and robbed us of continuing on a trajectory that would have more than likely resulted in a Bama NC in baskeball.
One of the worst calls in the history of basketball

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
One of the worst calls in the history of basketball
The one I remember most in that game was Kent Benson, center for Indiana, in waining minutes tapping a ball in for two points that was in the cylinder. Should have been offensive goal tending and points wiped of the board and possession to Alabama.

We were the only team in that tournament that came close to beating Indiana and Bobby Knight.

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Just watched it last night. I thought it was one of the better features I've seen on the SEC network.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.