So Disappointed in Mark Ingram

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Re: So Dissapointed in Mark Ingram

Well I think the whole kneeling thing is stupid. I never want to see it happen at Alabama. It is a fad that I thought would be confined to 2016, but I guess some people don't feel they have played it out yet. I don't think everyone who kneels is a bad person or a "punk". I think Kapernick is a goober, but that is just Kapernick.

I'd be happy to sit down and have a beer with Mark Ingram or Amari Cooper and talk about the politics and then ask them to sign my hat.

The racial discord in this country at this time is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Hopefully he'll read this thread and realize that your disappointment should greatly outweigh his feelings about injustice and desire to express something about it in a way that doesn't harm you in the least bit.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

One the one hand I enjoy seeing military fetishizing nationalists getting triggered over the anthem (which we have to sing at every sporting event for some reason) and on the other hand I enjoy seeing idiots like Kap getting hoisted overboard for their asinine platitudes and their even more baffling actions to back up said platitudes.

One side is angrily grabbing their crotch and foaming at the mouth about fallen soldiers and the other side is spouting off the same tired lines about equality and doing the least effective protest method in the most harmful way (by that I mean they know that most NFL fans are going to be so triggered over the flag that there is little to be gained and much more to be lost.)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

One the one hand I enjoy seeing military fetishizing nationalists getting triggered over the anthem (which we have to sing at every sporting event for some reason) and on the other hand I enjoy seeing idiots like Kap getting hoisted overboard for their asinine platitudes and their even more baffling actions to back up said platitudes.

One side is angrily grabbing their crotch and foaming at the mouth about fallen soldiers and the other side is spouting off the same tired lines about equality and doing the least effective protest method in the most harmful way (by that I mean they know that most NFL fans are going to be so triggered over the flag that there is little to be gained and much more to be lost.)
I'm ready for the whole national anthem at sporting events thing to go away. We don't do it before plays, movies, concerts, lectures or any other damn public entertainment but we do for sports, why? What makes sports so different that we try to make it some sort of Patriotic thing. It isn't it is just another entertainment event, treat it as such and move on.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Okay I admit I haven't been keeping up as much with football due to school, but I saw this over the weekend, and I am confused.

I will start off by saying everyone has a right to their opinion, and they have a right to take a knee or stay in the locker room for the anthem if they so choose (I don't agree with it, but whatever). That's the beauty of America and the first amendment. I know a lot of people won't like this either, but our President also has a first amendment right to speak his mind (I don't agree with what he said, and he shouldn't have said it like he did and our national leaders shouldn't say those type things).

I know there has been some players that have taken a knee since last year when Colin started this, but what about all the other players that took a knee this weekend for the first time? Were they not upset about the injustices last week? The injustices didn't just start when Trump said what he said Friday. It makes it seem like they aren't protesting the injustices in America, but rather the words of a man. And are all these players in their communities and the inner cities using their time and resources to make a difference in these injustices? I think words and protests are worthless without action and doing something to make the world a better place.

I'm just a nursing student who doesn't have time to follow this much, so what do I know. Maybe I missed something?

Edited to say that I have a problem with those who call other people racist and white supremacist or whatever if they don't agree with what they agree with. That's just wrong.

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

I'm ready for the whole national anthem at sporting events thing to go away. We don't do it before plays, movies, concerts, lectures or any other damn public entertainment but we do for sports, why? What makes sports so different that we try to make it some sort of Patriotic thing. It isn't it is just another entertainment event, treat it as such and move on.
That sounds like some dirty commie talk, son.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Okay I admit I haven't been keeping up as much with football due to school, but I saw this over the weekend, and I am confused.

I will start off by saying everyone has a right to their opinion, and they have a right to take a knee or stay in the locker room for the anthem if they so choose (I don't agree with it, but whatever). That's the beauty of America and the first amendment. I know a lot of people won't like this either, but our President also has a first amendment right to speak his mind (I don't agree with what he said, and he shouldn't have said it like he did and our national leaders shouldn't say those type things).

I know there has been some players that have taken a knee since last year when Colin started this, but what about all the other players that took a knee this weekend for the first time? Were they not upset about the injustices last week? The injustices didn't just start when Trump said what he said Friday. It makes it seem like they aren't protesting the injustices in America, but rather the words of a man. And are all these players in their communities and the inner cities using their time and resources to make a difference in these injustices? I think words and protests are worthless without action and doing something to make the world a better place.

I'm just a nursing student who doesn't have time to eat, pee, sleep, or do anything else, so what do I know. Maybe I missed something?

Edited to say that I have a problem with those who call other people racist and white supremacist or whatever if they don't agree with what they agree with. That's just wrong.
FIFY. ;)

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

That's basically how I feel. Now that doesn't mean I feel kneeling as a form of protest during the anthem is effective or even makes a lot of sense but even as a Conservative it gets old. My nation is not my God, I'm not going to church, I shouldn't have to sing hymns every time I show up. I think it's ok for the Superbowl or the Olympics or other national events but ever AA baseball game? Heck, every pee-wee football game where I came from had it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I'm just a nursing student who doesn't have time to follow this much, so what do I know. Maybe I missed something?

Jess, my opinion only of course but I think the protests have now become a referendum against Trump in solidarity with Kapernic. The other players saying "you won't shut him up, I'll stand (by kneeling) with him"

The president of course has a right to say whatever he wants but he also has a responsibility not to. But he wants to divide us and distract us and it is working beautifully

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Quick question - do you stand when they play the national anthem on tv?
Yes, yes I do. You reminded me of the first Clemson championship and how my brother and I stood simultaneously and took our hats off. One grandfather, several uncles, and two brothers served this country, two of them have purple hearts for their service. If you can't stand and show respect for the tens of thousands of honorable men and women of all colors who have served and died for this country because you're too focused on the handful that are bad, you could have a problem.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Yes, yes I do. You reminded me of the first Clemson championship and how my brother and I stood simultaneously and took our hats off. One grandfather, several uncles, and two brothers served this country, two of them have purple hearts for their service. If you can't stand and show respect for the tens of thousands of honorable men and women of all colors who have served and died for this country because you're too focused on the handful that are bad, you could have a problem.
IMO That's weird. Most of my family is military and none do that.
Obviously do what you like, it's your house.

See, to me the flag doesn't represent the men who fought for it but the ideals it represents. If all the flag represents are men who died then what did they die for? The flag isn't just about dead soldiers it's about our ideals as Americans and our philosophy for living life. I respect the flag because I think, by and large, that the founding principles of this country are the best way to do things and I'm proud to be apart of a nation founded on such principles. Men dying isn't in and of itself a good enough reason for me to stand for the flag (lots of brave men died defending idiotic causes) so I participate #1: Because I'm an American and the flag represents a large part of who I am #2: So I won't get scorned and booed by people who only think it's about dead Marines on Iwo Jima.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Stop getting mad at these players who are just exercising their freedoms that you claim veterans fought to defend. Why not get mad at the person who caused this protest to explode this weekend; our idiot President and his stupid mouth. The NFL was not protesting the same thing that Kap was protesting last year, this was a stand against Trump and his continued divisive tone.

I also agree with others that the national anthem should not be a part of sports, it just doesn't make sense IMO.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
So Dissapointed in Mark Ingram

IMO That's weird. Most of my family is military and none do that.
Obviously do what you like, it's your house.

See, to me the flag doesn't represent the men who fought for it but the ideals it represents. If all the flag represents are men who died then what did they die for? The flag isn't just about dead soldiers it's about our ideals as Americans and our philosophy for living life. I respect the flag because I think, by and large, that the founding principles of this country are the best way to do things and I'm proud to be apart of a nation founded on such principles. Men dying isn't in and of itself a good enough reason for me to stand for the flag (lots of brave men died defending idiotic causes) so I participate #1: Because I'm an American and the flag represents a large part of who I am #2: So I won't get scorned and booed by people who only think it's about dead Marines on Iwo Jima.
Well said. The American flag doesn't represent "idiotic causes", so standing and being respectful for it shouldn't be an issue.

So the people who died in service of the United States military don't embody the very ideals you speak of?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

Stop getting mad at these players who are just exercising their freedoms that you claim veterans fought to defend. Why not get mad at the person who caused this protest to explode this weekend; our idiot President and his stupid mouth. The NFL was not protesting the same thing that Kap was protesting last year, this was a stand against Trump and his continued divisive tone.

I also agree with others that the national anthem should not be a part of sports, it just doesn't make sense IMO.
For him, that devisive tone was about unpatriotic vs patriotic. I get where he's coming from, but agree those comments he should have left out.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

For him, that devisive tone was about unpatriotic vs patriotic. I get where he's coming from, but agree those comments he should have left out.
He will never be accused of being diplomatic, that's for sure.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

If he put half the effort into helping the U.S. citizens in Puerto Rico that he's put into demonizing the NFL, the people of Puerto Rico would be in a much better situation.

For the President, ignoring the calamity in Puerto Rico while running down football players is about as unpatriotic as anything I can imagine.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Well said. The American flag doesn't represent "idiotic causes", so standing and being respectful for it shouldn't be an issue.

So the people who died in service of the United States military don't embody the very ideals you speak of?

what did those people die for if not for the right to free speech?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

what did those people die for if not for the right to free speech?
Nobody is arguing against their right to free speech, only that I regard their avenue of expression to be a poor choice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.