So Disappointed in Mark Ingram

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Hope I do not see him on our sideline again. Sitting during our national anthem, have some damn respect! Love him as a player, but he is way out of line disrespecting our flag, country, and veterans who fought for our freedom. Storming the beaches of Normandy to preserve our way of life, and he just spit on those brave Americans. Without our brave soilders, we would all be speaking German at this moment.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Re: So Dissapointed in Mark Ingram

Not the only Bama player to do so. Probably not for any of those reasons.

Go to the NS board for more details.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Hope I do not see him on our sideline again. Sitting during our national anthem, have some damn respect! Love him as a player, but he is way out of line disrespecting our flag, country, and veterans who fought for our freedom. Storming the beaches of Normandy to preserve our way of life, and he just spit on those brave Americans. Without our brave soilders, we would all be speaking German at this moment.
Welcome to non-sports. Would you like to try our empathy test?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

I've saved some popcorn for the day someone asks Saban about this at a press conference.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

They asked him today, find his presser, wasn't earth shattering, he felt hurt by the kneeling.
Thanks for letting me know. Here's the quote from the CW, in case anyone else was unaware:

Nick Saban said:
I don't keep up with all that stuff as much as maybe everybody else does, especially during the season, especially when we're playing games. To me, some of the things that we do in our country when I grew up, they were unifying events and it's a little painful to see that those things are not so right now. I also respect everyone's rights not to be censored in terms of the way they express their beliefs.

I'm just a coach. I don't have the answers to all the questions. I know that most good things come out of love and respect and compassion and unifying people.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Mark, CJ, Tim Williams, A'Shawn, Amari, Ryan Anderson.....better ration the venom so there's enough to go around...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

In an attempt to escape the absurdity of the Jalen/Tua discussion.... I thought I'd see what's going on over here on the NS side this evening.

*Instant Mistake*

Taking my Level 12 empathy away from here for a bit....maybe days. Good grief Charlie Brown.....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

just from reading responses in the other several outrage threads about this, i think we can conclude that mark ingram is not smart enough to make up his own mind on this issue and is just going along with it to be cool.

i guess this also applies to all of the other bama players who "disrespected" the flag, our country and all decent real 'merkins today.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Quick question - do you stand when they play the national anthem on tv?

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

It's Mark Ingram's fault that anyone speaks German? I'm confused.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016

Am I the only person left that just doesn't care about any of this? Black folks feel like police are murdering them. They took a knee at a sporting event during the National Anthem to bring awareness. Why is this such a life altering issue to anyone?

They play football. That's it. They aren't protesting at a veteran's funeral. They aren't spitting on the boys coming home from war. The majority have their hands over their heart and are facing the flag as they kneel. It's supposed to be painful for us to see them do it. That's the whole point. Of all the insane things people are protesting these days, this is one of the few that deserve attention. Listen to them and let it pass. It's not hard.

I do wonder when the kneeling will end though. What is the metric to measure when awareness has been raised and a difference has been made?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.