FBI Probe of College Basketball

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: NBC News: Several NCAA Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

Poor ol Chuck will have the IRS hollering his name now. They'll want their share!
I just saw RTR91's post in your reply about Chuck Connors Person. I see now where he got the nickname "The Rifleman". You are right the IRS will be knocking on Chuckie's door.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Sounds like all is going well for Bama but I'm still a bit anxious every time I open this thread.
I have mostly avoided this thread because I just didn't want to know. Curiosity got the better of me today. I feel somewhat better now.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

File this under TIFWIW. Rumor is that Pearl and the AU compliance guy (Boy there's an oxymoron if I ever saw one) were heard shouting at each other just before they suspended the 2 players on the BB team. They will have very little inside presence without Wiley.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]"The NCAA informed us late this afternoon that Collin Sexton has not had his eligibility reinstated by the NCAA," Byrne said in a release. "We don’t have any further information at this time, but we will continue to cooperate with the NCAA and work toward a resolution that results in Collin’s timely reinstatement.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]"While we are disappointed, the right decision was to err on the side of caution for tonight’s exhibition game."[/FONT]

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]"The NCAA informed us late this afternoon that Collin Sexton has not had his eligibility reinstated by the NCAA," Byrne said in a release. "We don’t have any further information at this time, but we will continue to cooperate with the NCAA and work toward a resolution that results in Collin’s timely reinstatement.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]"While we are disappointed, the right decision was to err on the side of caution for tonight’s exhibition game."[/FONT]
Nothing like waiting until the day of the frikkin game! If the NCAA knew today, I betcha they knew a few days ago that would have allowed CAJ to better prepare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Will we be able to salvage this season if he is not ever able to play for us?

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

Will we be able to salvage this season if he is not ever able to play for us?
I think so, the rest of the class is pretty talented and Giddens can be a difference maker

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

ESPN ticker reporting that Sexton has been ruled ineligible for the upcoming season. Sounds a bit more final than Greg Byrne’s comment yesterday before the exhibition game. It stated he was the unnamed player mentioned in the report concerning Kobie Baker.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

ESPN ticker reporting that Sexton has been ruled ineligible for the upcoming season. Sounds a bit more final than Greg Byrne’s comment yesterday before the exhibition game. It stated he was the unnamed player mentioned in the report concerning Kobie Baker.

Their report is nothing we didn't already know.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Schlabach’s article on ESPN.com only days Sexton has been declared ineligible. Doesn’t mention “for the year”.

More troublesome could be Sexton’s association with the AAU coach tied to Adidas.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Are we sure there's nothing new here? I know most UA beat writers feel good about this but there are a few out there who think it's bad news. Guess we'll see.

Still a great recruiting class and a lot of room for good things to happen.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ineligible-being-identified-federal-complaint

Schlabach & Goodman story.

It’s one thing to navigate around Kobie Baker and Collin Sexton’s father.

Considering Adidas is up to their eyeballs in this mess, I find Collin’s relationship with this AAU coach somewhat unnerving.

“Sources told ESPN that Sexton's relationship with former AAU coach Christian Dawkins, who was arrested and named in a separate federal complaint related to the corruption probe, might also be an issue. Sources said Dawkins, from Saginaw, Michigan, was involved in Sexton's recruitment.”

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I wish the NBA would just do away with the one year out of high school rule. If a kid wants some money let him go straight to the NBA.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL

Hope they're not waiting for the scheduled news conference to release eligibility info. I may be wrong, but I'd think that if they had good news, they'd just release it...

edit: misread post stating it was a regularly scheduled news conference

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.