FBI Probe of College Basketball

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Re: NBC News: Several NCAA Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

AUDub what is your honest opinion on Pearl
Based on the indictments, everyone was wired. It is hard to see him being part of that particular scheme. Otherwise, he would have likely already been arrested. And it’s not like we got hung for recruiting violations like Louisville. It's kind of a joke, but there is a very significant difference between the other accusations and what Person did at Auburn. Chuck was in it to help himself. Doesn’t seem to have been any sort of competitive advantage gained. Hell, he tried to do the same with Sexton, hence one of your associate ADs getting canned. Person seems to have pocketed all the money himself and basically paid current players.

Pearl is a program builder and it's showing this year. Went from playing like a program on sanctions before and during Barbee to leading the conference. I know 4 years is a long time for a rebuild in CBB, but people underestimate just how big of a rebuild Auburn was. And he’s downright likeable, to boot. Provided the facts seem to indicate he was in the dark, I hope we find a way to hang on to him, but if something else surfaces, it’s time to move on.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Based on the indictments, everyone was wired. It is hard to see him being part of that particular scheme. Otherwise, he would have likely already been arrested. And it’s not like we got hung for recruiting violations like Louisville. It's kind of a joke, but there is a very significant difference between the other accusations and what Person did at Auburn. Chuck was in it to help himself. Doesn’t seem to have been any sort of competitive advantage gained. Hell, he tried to do the same with Sexton, hence one of your associate ADs getting canned. Person seems to have pocketed all the money himself and basically paid current players.

Pearl is a program builder and it's showing this year. Went from playing like a program on sanctions before and during Barbee to leading the conference. I know 4 years is a long time for a rebuild in CBB, but people underestimate just how big of a rebuild Auburn was. And he’s downright likeable, to boot. Provided the facts seem to indicate he was in the dark, I hope we find a way to hang on to him, but if something else surfaces, it’s time to move on.
Cant deny what Pearl has done at Auburn. He seems to be a really good coach.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017

EJ Montgomery visiting KY. former Auburn commitment.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017

Is it possible Herron goes pro there have been talk and everybody else stays.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

AUDub will you win the 8 remaining games.
Possible, but not likely IMO. I see at least two losses on our remaining schedule.

Tough league. Anybody can beat anybody. Look no further than Vandy this past Saturday for proof of that. Had we not been outrageously hot from three, that would have been a nail biter. We can't expect to stay that hot.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Well, there goes that case...

FBI Agent in Basketball Corruption Probe Is Accused of Misconduct

An undercover agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation who played a central role in an investigation of alleged corruption in men’s college basketball has been accused of misappropriating government money on gambling, food and beverages during the probe, people familiar with the matter said.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.