FBI Probe of College Basketball

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: FBI Probe of College Basketball (Breaking - Wade Suspended)

LSU fans are amazing about this. Guy on Finebaum yesterday tried to claim Wade should be fired if he did what he’s accused of while also griping about Alleva being a horrible AD (somehow he threw the team under the bus by suspending Wade) and saying LSU fans feel like they are being targeted in this since so many other schools cheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

LSU fans now hanging their hopes that Sean Miller and Will Wade’s attorneys will turn this trial into a referendum on the “seedy underbelly of college basketball, agents and shoe companies” and basically nullify the jury.
I guess we’ll see.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I’m dead. A LSU caller on Finebaum just said his source says Wade was working for the FBI. The claim is they flipped him after catching him doing something at VCU.

Paul didn’t ask the main question - why wouldn’t he give his bosses a heads up months ago?

JeffwallaceUA

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 22, 2019

Dear lord, what a broken record you are lol. We get it. You think Bruce is a ....... and will link every hit piece you can find as evidence of such. An article that’s pretty much a rehash of Armour’s, no less, and you post it here as if it’s some sort of new and insightful commentary. You, you,were the target audience here. Keep that in mind. That it was written by a Louisville guy is the height of irony. Icing on the cake, if you will.
I had never heard much of that so I would say it was new interesting information to me.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Re: NBC News: Several NCAA Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

The other advancement in the case came in the form of an addition to Wade’s team of attorneys. Steven Thompson, a Chicago-based lawyer known for his work with coaches on NCAA matters, joined the group to lead the coach’s NCAA infractions counsel. Thompson also represents Arizona coach Sean Miller and Auburn coach Bruce Pearl, who, like Wade, were both caught in the FBI’s probe. Michael McGovern, working at the New York-based firm Ropes & Gray, remains Wade’s lead counsel in the case.”

Maybe I’ve had my head buried in sand but I didn’t realize “Bruce Almighty” had retained Thompson as well. Which makes me wonder why? The narrative has been the whole thing with Wiley and Heron was on Person and the two other staffers.

Think of Green and Leath sitting across from Pearl now that he has taken them to Final Four Promised Land and he’s asking for a healthy raise and contract extension. This is same guy a year ago that refused to speak with you when the crap hit the fan with Person.

I know I wouldn’t move on any thing with Pearl’s contract until this thing finally shakes out.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: NBC News: Several NCAA Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

The other advancement in the case came in the form of an addition to Wade’s team of attorneys. Steven Thompson, a Chicago-based lawyer known for his work with coaches on NCAA matters, joined the group to lead the coach’s NCAA infractions counsel. Thompson also represents Arizona coach Sean Miller and Auburn coach Bruce Pearl, who, like Wade, were both caught in the FBI’s probe. Michael McGovern, working at the New York-based firm Ropes & Gray, remains Wade’s lead counsel in the case.”

Maybe I’ve had my head buried in sand but I didn’t realize “Bruce Almighty” had retained Thompson as well. Which makes me wonder why? The narrative has been the whole thing with Wiley and Heron was on Person and the two other staffers.

Think of Green and Leath sitting across from Pearl now that he has taken them to Final Four Promised Land and he’s asking for a healthy raise and contract extension. This is same guy a year ago that refused to speak with you when the crap hit the fan with Person.

I know I wouldn’t move on any thing with Pearl’s contract until this thing finally shakes out.

I had this discussion mostly with AUDUB early on in this thread. Anyone with a brain knows Pearl didn't talk because he was hoping he would do well enough the athletic Dept and the board would over rule the President who stated publicly that Pearl would be fired if he didn't talk to Auburn officials. Well we see where that ended up. Pearl is getting a raise and an extension. You've got to hand it to him, he has more lives than a cat.

The reality is Auburn doesn't care what he does as long as he wins. Auburn got more negative publicity from their trip to the tourney than anyone I can remember. Heck, LSU's Will Wade didn't get roasted like Pearl did the past 3 weeks. There were numerous articles written by national publications detailing Pearls history as well as on on air mentions of his travails. No one outside of AU people think he is clean.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Tigahs going for the W, baby !

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Basically LSU going all in on Wade is the way I read it. Wait to see what comes out at the trial and, if the NCAA comes calling, figure out defense at that point.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The fact the NCAA was at the meeting makes me wonder what was said for him to be reinstated.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

The statement by LSU wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement of their coach. I doubt this is over.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.