FBI Probe of College Basketball

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: FBI Probe of College Basketball (Breaking - Wade Suspended)

Wow......just wow! If they don’t act it will be a free for all!
There’s some hope/belief that they might not act but will use the cases to change things in college basketball. Some discussions have already happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama

The idiots among us might. Those with operating brains are well aware that similar stuff goes down at every major program. Just glad we weren’t named.
I certainly don't expect you to be one of those idiots but there was no way I was going to Aufamily to see the joy that a lot of them had. I am sure it will get more intense as the days go.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I certainly don't expect you to be one of those idiots but there was no way I was going to Aufamily to see the joy that a lot of them had. I am sure it will get more intense as the days go.
Response relatively subdued at AUFamily. Place to avoid, however, is the rant. LSU fans are over the moon. As if they have room to talk with their coach actually being caught on tape talking about paying a recruit. Go figure.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Response relatively subdued at AUFamily. Place to avoid, however, is the rant. LSU fans are over the moon. As if they have room to talk with their coach actually being caught on tape talking about paying recruit. Go figure.
Thing about Blazer's testimony was the fact some of it was already known. The UNC stuff was discovered during the NCAA investigation a few years ago. Without him providing names, hard to know if any of the other incidents were already handled by the NCAA.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

Thing about Blazer's testimony was the fact some of it was already known. The UNC stuff was discovered during the NCAA investigation a few years ago. Without him providing names, hard to know if any of the other incidents were already handled by the NCAA.
Yeah there’s not much for the NCAA to work with here, even assuming some of it is new, so unless more comes to light, I wouldn’t be particularly worried about outcomes.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Response relatively subdued at AUFamily. Place to avoid, however, is the rant. LSU fans are over the moon. As if they have room to talk with their coach actually being caught on tape talking about paying a recruit. Go figure.
The past 8 years have been particularly difficult for the Bayou Bengals.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Yeah ... don't lol
Well, I didn't think to check here and linked the infamous tweet in a new thread on the football board.

When I saw this late last night I figured I'd wake up to a huge discussion this morning on the football board. Was surprised when I looked this morning.

Oh well.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

Well, I didn't think to check here and linked the infamous tweet in a new thread on the football board.

When I saw this late last night I figured I'd wake up to a huge discussion this morning on the football board. Was surprised when I looked this morning.

Oh well.
Should I start that thread? Gotta fill my yearly dislike quota.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Oh well.
Yeah I asked BN and I didn’t get his response until this morning until I woke up. I just know this is a less active board, and the football one is a highly active one. Just didn’t know if folks were ready for this kinda news. I mean most of us knows there are more than a quality education and a shot at the pros being offered, but some can’t accept the notion that college sports and Alabama have a darker side. Then you have the eeyore reaction. Smh

Fwiw. both BN and HSV said it was okay to post it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Yeah I asked BN and I didn’t get his response until this morning until I woke up. I just know this is a less active board, and the football one is a highly active one. Just didn’t know if folks were ready for this kinda news. I mean most of us knows there are more than a quality education and a shot at the pros being offered, but some can’t accept the notion that college sports and Alabama have a darker side. Then you have the eeyore reaction. Smh

Fwiw. both BN and HSV said it was okay to post it.
Once something is on Twitter like that it goes viral so no reason not to discuss, which is what we do here. ;) FWIW, the thread on the football board isn't gloom and doom.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.