FBI Probe of College Basketball - Page 58
Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960616263646568 ... LastLast

Re: FBI Probe of College Basketball (Breaking - Wade Suspended)

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Supposedly, money was passing through their charitable arm to LSU athletes. This includes football players. If it's true, it's a burn everything to the ground allegation.
    That would be what my friend from Baton Rouge meant when he tweeted he heard a local DA was looking into a local hospital and school.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Fully expect this was leaked to Glenn by someone within the LSU athletic department:

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1106258066562039814

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Yeah well ya boy Colin got paid according to testimony from Christian Dawkins in federal court, so be careful where you cast them stones, fella. Youíre in the same boat.
    Those 'stones' equal established fact. Pearl is a proven/convicted cheater. If Sexton got paid and we had a role in the paying, I've no problem with being punished. But I'm not the one sweating every time a new story emerges about basketball wrongdoing. If we're in the same boat, I'm wearing a life jacket, you're holding the anchor. How long can you hold your breath, fella.

Moving along... it seems like Wade is trying the same tactic employed by Pearl when the initial news broke regarding Person. Considering how that has worked out for Bruce, he probably figured it's worth a try. By not capitulating, apparently the LSU administration has more intestinal fortitude than some other SEC schools.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That would be what my friend from Baton Rouge meant when he tweeted he heard a local DA was looking into a local hospital and school.
    There’s the meat.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/[COLOR=#000000][FONT=-webkit-standard]https://twitter.com/elizabethcrisp/status/1106309065880338432?s=20[/FONT][/COLOR]

Just a barner.

Confirms my school isn't listed

The scumbags! Death penalty for all the cheaters!

-- Coach Bryant

-- Coach Bryant

FB|BB Moderator

What's the rumor? I did find this wonderful thread.
    Well, I would have said that we need to pay them rent for living in their heads.

But theyíre facing some serious criminal stuff ó not NCAA, the feds are after them for felonies ó and most of what they talk about is us.

Point being, we donít have to pay rent for living their heads....because we already own their heads.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

Chuck Persons is changing his plea to guilty. Hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Chuck Persons is changing his plea to guilty. Hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.
    Not near the razing I thought would happen. We all know college basketball is dirty, I guess I didnít know how well it was hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation First Team

Is it possible we could say bye bye to 2 SEC coach,s Wade and possibly Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by mlingerfelt31 View Post
    Since Bruce hasnít been implicated, I would say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by mlingerfelt31 View Post
    Why Pearl? Wade is gone and Kennedy are gone so there are 2 SEC coaches. I doubt Vandy will get rid of Bryce Drew since this is only his 2nd year there so I think he is safe one more year but definitely on the hotseat next year. Unless he leaves on his on I would say it's 50-50 whether CAJ will be back or not next year. Everyone else should be safe.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    Why Pearl? Wade is gone and Kennedy are gone so there are 2 SEC coaches. I doubt Vandy will get rid of Bryce Drew since this is only his 2nd year there so I think he is safe one more year but definitely on the hotseat next year. Unless he leaves on his on I would say it's 50-50 whether CAJ will be back or not next year. Everyone else should be safe.
    Pearl lawyered up immediately and would not speak with either his school or anyone else. Someone criticized LSU's will Wade for not coming clean to his school when their coach won't even talk to his own employer. When all is said and done, Pearl nor Auburn will likely have any issues. They do what they always do, if you can prove it, it didn't happen and Pearl isn't talking unless there he is a subpoenaed. if he isn't subpoenaed, I'd say there is no direct evidence of his involvement. Were there NCAA issues for him and Auburn? We'll probably never know.

There is no doubt of his coaching ability though. He took a moribund program and turned it into a winner while we are wondering in the wilderness trying to figure out how to be relevant.