FBI Probe of College Basketball

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: FBI Probe of College Basketball Players, Coaches, and NBA Agents

NCAA Selection Sunday will be interesting Imagine LSU gets maybe a 3 seed with a coach who in all likelihood will have a show cause order from the very same NCAA.

I wonder what the FBI recordings will reveal on a from an former AU asst coach. Its gonna be interesting when all this come out in the wash.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1103759437171290112

The colleges are identified only as being in Nebraska and Texas.
Are there any other colleges in Nebraska that could be involved other than UN? As far as Texas, I'm going to go with Baylor due to a particular player that signed with them but never qualified before he played overseas for a year.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot Alabama's biggest basketball rival Crieghton is in Nebraska. Hope they get busted and get the death penalty.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Might explain LSU’s sudden ascension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just look at Tremont Waters' recruiting timeline. Will Wade was hired on March 20, 2017.

No sign of VCU offer, so have to question if there was a relationship with Wade at all.

Top 50 player in the nation commits to Georgetown in the fall to back off commitment in the spring and end up going to LSU? Nope. Not eyebrow-raising at all.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Wade looks like a guy caught with his hand in the cookie jar in that video clip. Guy can’t lie very well.....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Appears, Mr. Wade didn't tell his bosses the truth a few months ago. Link

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

So the next question is will LSU continue to let any "obvious" players participate in games. They may just have the goods on the dealings with Smart and may even be able to say right now that they don't know.

I don't know at this point what it will do as far as eligibility of the players back into the season or going forward. Also don't know if there is anything LSU can do at this point to help ensure that they get and keep NCAA tournament money for them and the SEC.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Curious where Wade learned how it all works. Was mentioned on the radio yesterday his statements indicate this wasn't his first time doing it.

His coaching career:

2005-007: Clemson (GA)
2007-2009: Harvard
2009-2013: VCU
2013-2015: Chattanooga (HC)
2015-2017: VCU (HC)
2017-present: LSU (HC)

Anyone think he was learning those tricks at Harvard? Maybe learned them from Shaka at VCU?

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1104144903846670336

Exclusive: Will Wade comments on suspension, asks for people to withhold judgment

"I cannot comment at this time on various media reports, except to say that they do not begin to tell the full story. I understand the University had to take action before all the facts are in, but I would ask everyone to withhold their judgment until the record is complete.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Curious where Wade learned how it all works. Was mentioned on the radio yesterday his statements indicate this wasn't his first time doing it.

His coaching career:

2005-007: Clemson (GA)
2007-2009: Harvard
2009-2013: VCU
2013-2015: Chattanooga (HC)
2015-2017: VCU (HC)
2017-present: LSU (HC)

Anyone think he was learning those tricks at Harvard? Maybe learned them from Shaka at VCU?
Actually, he could have picked up some stuff at Harvard. You know who the head coach at Harvard is? That would be Tommy Amaker. Guess who Amaker is a disciple of? That would be Coach K. I’m not saying that he learned it from there, but I’m saying that it isn’t out of the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.