FBI Probe of College Basketball

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: FBI Probe of College Basketball Players, Coaches, and NBA Agents

Why does Auburn have its own hoops thread on our basketball page?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

RJ, good post. Mark Bradley has been one of the AJC’s top columnists for 30 years. Writes about everything. This time he happened to choose the depressing state of college basketball.

Just thought I'd drop this here. The beat reporter for Auburn at the AJC. This is the view of Auburn from anyone who is not an Auburn homer. Not my opinion, an Auburn beat reporters Op-Ed.

https://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-bra...xtends-pearl-contract/h6ovcqJh0m0vptUZl0kRIJ/

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Just thought I'd drop this here. The beat reporter for Auburn at the AJC. This is the view of Auburn from anyone who is not an Auburn homer. Not my opinion, an Auburn beat reporters Op-Ed.

https://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-bra...xtends-pearl-contract/h6ovcqJh0m0vptUZl0kRIJ/
Yep, I think that article sums it up. It is not just the view of Auburn, though. That is the view of all of college basketball.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

He was just granted an extension by Auburn, which – not for the first time in school history – finds itself at the center of a storm over recruiting methods and player eligibility.
Classic

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

"suggesting" "and another calling for"

I guess the defense will be that he was investigated/punished and reinstated. I suppose we learned from the Cam Newton thing that you have to prove the money changed hands.

Still doesn't sound good, but at this point I'm marveling at the lack of repercussions from all of this. At first it sounded like a lot of people would have to lose their jobs and some teams would be bombed back to the stone age. That hasn't been the case... yet.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

We might have to vacate the wins, but I think they'd have to prove that someone at Bama knew about this or was involved to punish us further.

Rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.