FBI Probe of College Basketball

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Today is the first day of the SEC coaches meetings in Destin. Will Wade is speaking to the media at 11:30 central.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
"NCAA rules now make head coaches responsible for wrongdoing within their program. "Those top coaches that were mentioned in the trials where the information shows what was being said was a violation of NCAA rules, yes. They will be all part of these notices of allegations," Wilcox said.

The NCAA had held off on investigations, he said, at the request of the government until the trials were concluded.

"So now that's it over, we're going to be moving forward with a number of Level I cases that will help people realize that, 'Yeah, the enforcement staff was in a position to move forward,'" Wilcox said."

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
My problem with all of this is that the NCAA for a long, LLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time has known college basketball is dirty and could have taken out the mole hill a long time ago but turned a blind eye until it reached mountain status when the feds stepped in. If not for the feds the NCAA would still be turning a blind eye.
Plus, are equal crimes gonna get equal punishment or are some schools gonna get the "Alabama Treatment" while others get the "Auburn, North Carolina, Miami Treatment"?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That was my first thought as well.
This part had me like [emoji15]

"Those top coaches that were mentioned in the trials where the information shows what was being said was a violation of NCAA rules, yes. They will be all part of these notices of allegations," Wilcox told CBS Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The more I think about what Wilcox said the less I like it. The NCAA should keep their mouth shut until the NOAs are released. Makes them look very antsy to nail someone, and that's one feeling no one should want the NCAA to have.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Should AU be worried ?
I'm more worried about us. I know the Sexton issue was supposedly handled correctly but until all of this is behind us I'm still concerned that we're going to get dinged somehow. The issue with the basketball assistant coach (had UT connections, makes you wonder...) and the booster in the 90's was also handled correctly but yet the NCAA still punished us and as I recall that was the bridge between the Langham and Mean's situations that the NCAA used to punish us way more severely than they should have.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.