FBI Probe of College Basketball

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: NBC News: Several NCAA Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

http://www.theplainsman.com/article/2017/09/auburn-assistant-basketball-coach-chuck-person-to-be-charged-with-fraud-corruption-as-part-of-ncaa-probe

More than ten people, including coaches, managers, financial advisers and representatives of a major sportswear company, are facing charges. A press conference is scheduled for Tuesday at noon.

The charges are being brought by the U.S. Attorneys Office for the Southern District of New York.
Not sure how much influence The Fambly will be able to exert in NYC. Probably zero.

Burn, baby, burn!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Wow..............more over, Ol' Spit..............

http://www.abc2news.com/news/nation...ketball-coaches-arrested-in-corruption-scheme

BREAKING: Lamont Evans of Oklahoma State and Chuck Person of Auburn University are two of the coaches charged in corruption scheme.
BREAKING MORE: Emanuel Richardson of Arizona is also a coach who has been charged in the corruption scheme according to court docs.
MORE: The fourth coach charged in the scheme announced by the U.S. Attorney's office is Tony Bland of USC

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Just another example of how dirty AAU ball is.
Yeah this is the way it's gone on for years and the NCAA looked the other way. This is going to radically change college basketball.

I'm pretty sure this goes on at nearly every program that routinely gets 4-5* talent. Just unfortunate we're going to get hammered for it.

And we deserve to be. Money going from a coach to a student-athlete? Yep. Bring down the hammer.

As an aside, I wonder what happens to Louisville, who was already on probation.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Yeah this is the way it's gone on for years and the NCAA looked the other way. This is going to radically change college basketball.

I'm pretty sure this goes on at nearly every program that routinely gets 4-5* talent. Just unfortunate we're going to get hammered for it.

And we deserve to be. Money going from a coach to a student-athlete? Yep. Bring down the hammer.

As an aside, I wonder what happens to Louisville, who was already on probation.
Not just money going from coach to player, but "come to my house after the game and you'll meet my guy who will give you some cash."

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...asketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption

They said the probe has revealed numerous instances in which bribes were paid by athlete advisers, including financial advisers and associate basketball coaches, to assistant and associate basketball coaches to exert influence over student-athletes so the athletes would retain the services of those paying the bribes.

In criminal complaints, investigators said basketball coaches have the ability to provide access to the student-athletes to sports agents, financial advisers, business managers and others.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.