2018 Prospect: DL Coynis Miller (Jackson-Olin)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Pretty distressing if accurate. You win or lose at the LOS. I`ve had the impression that Miller has never really seemed that interested even though he`s visited and we`re a " finalist " . Barn bound for a while, I think. Can`t figure out Brown and A&M.
I think you are right on Miller. His teammate from last year is there also so the odds were against us.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Another weak DL group this year. But I personally never even projected miller to Bama for several reasons. One is his HS coach is big Barney worshiper. At around 6-1 290 I wasn't that worried about him. But he is an instate kid and the best DL prospect in state..... But that's not saying much. I hope Bama stays more focused on Bobby brown and can get him out of Texas. A JUCO DL, keep Wynn, get Brown and the Philly kid....that's a pretty athletic group of DL. If Dwight and Mathis can fill in Payne's spot next year, hopefully the next crop of HS DL is better than the last 2.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Another weak DL group this year. But I personally never even projected miller to Bama for several reasons. One is his HS coach is big Barney worshiper. At around 6-1 290 I wasn't that worried about him. But he is an instate kid and the best DL prospect in state..... But that's not saying much. I hope Bama stays more focused on Bobby brown and can get him out of Texas. A JUCO DL, keep Wynn, get Brown and the Philly kid....that's a pretty athletic group of DL. If Dwight and Mathis can fill in Payne's spot next year, hopefully the next crop of HS DL is better than the last 2.
Thank you sir. A thoughtful, informed and excellent post IMO. Please don`t be a stranger.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For all the worry-warts, this is the big thing to remember about the entire recruiting class. This isn't a good class. Saban and the staff continue to revisit film and evaluate guys while targeting the elite guys committed elsewhere in hopes of flipping them. It seems very possible, too.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That`s an interesting comment to not be in blue font. Was that tongue in cheek?
When you hang around here long enough you'll see people with connections to the coaching staff give information about recruiting. You'll also see those people ridiculed when the dynamic changes for whatever reason it changes in the fluid world of recruiting. Then you'll see those posters slowly quit posting as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
When you hang around here long enough you'll see people with connections to the coaching staff give information about recruiting. You'll also see those people ridiculed when the dynamic changes for whatever reason it changes in the fluid world of recruiting. Then you'll see those posters slowly quit posting as much.

Thanks. Been around here quite a while. Whether it`s due to what you`re saying or something else, I have indeed noticed that some posters whose posts I enjoyed ( Jambama and Bigeasytider immediately come to mind, probably others ) either no longer post or do so very rarely now.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Thanks. Been around here quite a while. Whether it`s due to what you`re saying or something else, I have indeed noticed that some posters whose posts I enjoyed ( Jambama and Bigeasytider immediately come to mind, probably others ) either no longer post or do so very rarely now.
RTO also.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I never really understood how someone who grew up as a fan of one university ends up going to their rival even after they have an offer to their childhood favorite team. Also, is there a program in existence today who has a better track record for developing and placing players into the NFL than UA?

Regardless of any of this, one player does not make a class and that includes a position of need. We will plug the hole with someone good...maybe even better.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Wasn't Jamabama on campus and then military bound? I don't recall for sure, but nothing is forever. Circumstances change, people move on, etc. Frankly I don't see too many people here ridiculed outside of people who are worried who should get playing time at QB.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Wasn't Jamabama on campus and then military bound? I don't recall for sure, but nothing is forever. Circumstances change, people move on, etc. Frankly I don't see too many people here ridiculed outside of people who are worried who should get playing time at QB.
It seems the last time Jam was on here which has been in the last 6-8 months I believe, he was furthering his education IIRC. He is a good reliable source.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
So, how much did the boogs pay this one? Or did the offer him “tutors” for all of his classes? [emoji6]

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
there are other variables. Playing time, coaching relationships, player relationships, etc.. plus, these guys are 17-18 years old. So they dont have as much a rooted passion than some of us who have been fans for 20+ years.

I never really understood how someone who grew up as a fan of one university ends up going to their rival even after they have an offer to their childhood favorite team. Also, is there a program in existence today who has a better track record for developing and placing players into the NFL than UA?

Regardless of any of this, one player does not make a class and that includes a position of need. We will plug the hole with someone good...maybe even better.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.