Link: The SEC needs Mike Leach in it. We need a replacement for Miles.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Some of his quotes are something else, almost like mind benders. I'd love to have him in the SEC just to hear the post game interviews and sideline interviews during games.

"Really, today is Monday, but to me it's Tuesday," Leach says. "So Tuesday will be Wednesday and Wednesday will be Thursday. But then again, we'll probably do our Thursday night routine about like we normally would, so Thursday, really, is just kinda Thursday. And thinking back on Sunday, it was really more like Sunday and Monday combined. But today? Monday? This is definitely Tuesday."
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20847734/two-days-palouse-washington-state-coach-mike-leach

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'd pay to see him and Craig James in a room together. Now that would be fun. ;)

Hey, Leach did get a masters degree from the USSA in Fairhope and spent some time down at the Florabama so he can't be all bad...heck, he'd probably enjoy being back in the South.

But then again, former WSU coaches and the Gulf Coast don't mix very well from what I recall. ;)

Last edited:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The real test as with any SEC coach now,can he handle the Saban pressure. Not only from Nick but the fan base that expects their coach to beat him? Many a good coach has left due to this pressure. As said many time in posts on here, they have been processed.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I know Leach, and his parrot, march to a different drum, but, IMO he would be an upgrade over Botch, Bielema and Orgeron.

Last edited:

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Read his autobiography...he is quite a strange, highly intelligent person...who knows what goes on in that brain?
Yeah. Les is like your crazy uncle. Leech is very eccentric. Definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. Listening to him talk, he does crack me up like Les did.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.