Y'all still open for Business? (returning member intro)

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I'm moving back here for the time being as well. You were one of my favorite posters, Tom, and I'm glad I know where to find you!
Thank you for the kind words.

Franky, I've always found change difficult. So I'm kinda keeping one foot on each banana peel, as it were, at least for the time being. But TideFans is making one .... "whale" (I'm trying!!) of a case.

My weekly stats post, as usual, has been almost completely ignored on BamaMag - 18 views and no replies.

Here? 329 views and 10 replies. I realize much of that MIGHT be because its a novelty here - but IMO its still a compelling case In Favor of TideFans.... :-o

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Franky, I've always found change difficult. So I'm kinda keeping one foot on each banana peel, as it were, at least for the time being. But TideFans is making one .... "whale" (I'm trying!!) of a case.

My weekly stats post, as usual, has been almost completely ignored on BamaMag - 18 views and no replies.

Here? 329 views and 10 replies. I realize much of that MIGHT be because its a novelty here - but IMO its still a compelling case In Favor of TideFans.... :-o
NEVER judge self-worth by number of replies. I would think you have been around long enuf to kno dat ;)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I've found very few boards that could compete with the football knowledge you'll find here on TF.com. There are lots of people here who appreciate and understand stats (I'm a bit of a stat geek), but more importantly, there are lots of posters here who understand the game beyond the score.

FloridanBlogger

Scout Team
Jul 24, 2011
Fort Benning, GA

I had a different handle on Bama Mag but I lurked more than I actually posted. However, I can say with complete sincerity that I never read a post from you that I disagreed with (and I let you know that on occasion). Never in the 10 plus years I frequented that forum. Everything you say is on the money and informative. Each and every time I came across a post or response with your name attached to it, I'd get excited because you always made an impact. It's sad to see that forum in the condition it's in but I'm thankful I managed to find their best poster here!

To all Tidefans members, you guys gained a winner with Tom!

Last edited:

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Welcome back, Tom! Glad to have you here. Sorry to hear you're having issues with board tech in other places. I think one of the appeals of both TideFans has been the consistency of posting format we've adhered to for at least the last 18 years now. I never have to wonder when other sites are updating their framework because we sure hear about it here. :p If Rodney Orr ever changes TiderInsider up, the world may very well spin off its axis.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
The consistency, and the articles by Jess!

I have been posting on the scout.com site for 16 years, with around 38,000 posts there. It has been a tough transition, but it is good to be able to come here and adapt quickly to what's being posted and by whom.

rtr

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Welcome and looking forward to reading your posts.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I've been a Registered Member here for years, but not active. I was on BOL for many years until it took a turn for the worse. Then I was active on Scout since around 2002. But it was purchased a few months ago by CBS &/or 24/7, and they transitioned to a "new" and very inferior board format.

NOW we've been told that (Surprise, Surprise) the former Scout boards are being merged (effective today) with the BOL boards also owned by CBS / 24/7. And by "Merged" they mean discontinued and ported to the existing BOL boards..... :p_sad:

So, y'all still accepting new posters? :smile:
Welcome aboard, Tom! I personally have grown to like this board WAY better than the other one (I'm BamaInKnoxville over there). I hate their new format, plus a few years ago it kept giving me spyware and no one seemed interested in removing it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.