China Orders All North Korean Businesses To Close Down

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Never thought I'd see this...

The Beijing commerce ministry has ordered North Korean businesses operating within China to cease trading by January 2018. This will also include any joint ventures with Chinese companies.

Such enterprises would have just 120 days to shut up shop, and, according to Reuters, overseas ventures with North Korean entities and individuals will also be shut down.
China’s central bank has already stopped banks from working alongside those from North Korea, with Chinese lenders now forbidden from offering financial services to new North Korean customers. They have been advised further non-compliance could lead to significant economic losses and sullied reputations.

Beijing has also imposed bans on various North Korean imports such as coal, iron, iron ore and seafood since the beginning of September.

Since Saturday, China has stopped supplying North Korea with gas and has also placed limitations on shipments of petroleum.
https://www.unilad.co.uk/politics/china-orders-all-north-korean-businesses-to-close-down/

We'll see if this lasts, but on the surface it appears that China has grown weary of fatboy kim's antics and is ready to shut him down.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Interesting. We shall see how strictly this is enforced.

I saw another article that said it had vastly increased it's donations of food. If both are true it's almost like they are trying to turn NK into a vegetable and keep them on life-support with a slow steady drip of IVs. They don't want to let the citizens starve but they don't want them to have the cash to continue developing weapons. An armed NK that can stand up to American is an armed NK that can stand up to China.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I honestly think Trump, at least indirectly, probably has a fair bit to do with this; I think China may be afraid of into what the lunatic to the South, Kim, may goad the lunatic to the East, Trump.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I honestly think Trump, at least indirectly, probably has a fair bit to do with this; I think China may be afraid of into what the lunatic to the South, Kim, may goad the lunatic to the East, Trump.
This was talked about in the "NK Says the US Has Declared War!" thread, but he is certainly playing a purposeful strategy. Look, I'm not a fan of Trump, and I will absolutely conceded that the plan is a HUGE risk that gambles millions of lives, but it could also work and it seems to be freaking everyone out so much that everyone is looking for a way to solve this before SK gets nuked and we vaporize Pyongyang.

Let's be frank, every strategy, including diplomatic ones, are gambling with millions of lives when the 2 players are NK and the U.S. - so while upping the ante like Trump has may look vastly more risky, he's really just speeding up the timeline in which things come to a head, because we are moving in that direction regardless.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
As I said in other threads, China doesn't want to upset a good thing either.
From my spot here - in America, at my desk, in front of my revved up PC, after being raised in an affluent family with no political training and no clue about Asian culture - it's totally obvious that a passive and non-nuclear NK is the ideal partner for China.

From my lofty perch I can clearly see that China despises NK and merely wants that land as a buffer between them and the West. If they are CONSTANTLY calling our attention to them then that's not a good thing. The weapons are drawing too much attention to NK AND the weapons could also be used against China. China needs a docile vegetable to lay down and block us from the south. They already have to deal with Japan to their East, they don't feel like dealing with us and SK to the South. We would go away if the nukes went away as well.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This was talked about in the "NK Says the US Has Declared War!" thread, but he is certainly playing a purposeful strategy. Look, I'm not a fan of Trump, and I will absolutely conceded that the plan is a HUGE risk that gambles millions of lives, but it could also work and it seems to be freaking everyone out so much that everyone is looking for a way to solve this before SK gets nuked and we vaporize Pyongyang.

Let's be frank, every strategy, including diplomatic ones, are gambling with millions of lives when the 2 players are NK and the U.S. - so while upping the ante like Trump has may look vastly more risky, he's really just speeding up the timeline in which things come to a head, because we are moving in that direction regardless.
Somewhat like the strategy of always going for it on 4th down and kicking an onside kick every time you kickoff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.