Archibald's BBQ Burned Down? (update: there was a fire, only slight damage)

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Dadgumit Archibald's. Don't you know you are supposed to do it with steam and love, not fire and flames!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I've never eaten at Archibald's, it's one of my bucket list items. However, several people who are big into BBQ like I am, who I respect the heck out of their opinions about BBQ. They all say this is some legit Q and the sauce is amazing as well. This coming from people who have the belief "If the bbq is good it don't need no stinking sauce!"
Just make sure you go to Archibald's. Not Archibald-Woodrow's

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I've never heard of Archibald's before. Next time I'm in Ttown for work, I'll have to check it out. Dreamland gets all the attention but I've never been that impressed. Granted, I've only ever eaten at the Montgomery location and their BDS offerings.

I did eat at Taco Casa for the first time a week ago. It's not BBQ but, it puts Taco Bell to shame.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Pretty much inevitable with a lot of these BBQ joints, in my experience. It's why they do their smoking in an adjacent building in a lot of places. I can only imagine how much grease was in that stack.
I wish I could find the video, but that was Archibald's response when Todd Blackledge asked him what his BBQ secret was during the 2007 Alabama-Arkansas game. "Steam and love, not fire and flames".

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Dude, you can't put those two in the same sentence;)

When Dreamland went franchise it changed totally. Got a different cut of ribs, added all that other "stuff" and it has never been the same.

The chain changed for sure and they’re not very good. The Dreamland off Old Jug Factory Rd.? Hasn’t changed a bit except for adding a few more tables for seating.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.