Archibald's BBQ Burned Down? (update: there was a fire, only slight damage)

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
NOOOOOOOOOO!

I know this isn't technically a football topic, but to me football and BBQ go hand in hand.

Someone sent me a link about this...anyone have any info?

Was it a total loss?

I bet it was the most delicious smelling call in the history of firefighting.

Sorry mods if this has to be moved.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: Archibald's BBQ Burned Down?

Oh.... my God !!! Please.... My time at Bama in the 60`s and 70`s !! Archibald`s was as much a part of it as Knott Hall, Gallilee Hall, the Quad!! etc., etc. The humanity.... !

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack with this thread title. Thankfully it was only slightly damaged...

Archibald's is awesome.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Some of the best BBQ I have ever tasted.
When I BBQ on my patio I try to style my BBQ after the great BBQ from Archibald's. They set the bar pretty high.
I'm a BBQ nut. When I'm down that way, I like to eat at ARCHIBALD'S.
Glad the fire didn't destroy the business.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

CA...you ought to give us a Todd Blackledge like "taste of the Town" while you're doing your stadia tour with your Pop!!!
Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack with this thread title. Thankfully it was only slightly damaged...

Archibald's is awesome.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I've never eaten at Archibald's, it's one of my bucket list items. However, several people who are big into BBQ like I am, who I respect the heck out of their opinions about BBQ. They all say this is some legit Q and the sauce is amazing as well. This coming from people who have the belief "If the bbq is good it don't need no stinking sauce!"

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I too nearly had a heart attack when I saw the news. Thankfully, it appears that they'll survive this. I've only had Dreamland once, and I'll never go back. I always tell people to avoid Dreamland when they say they're going to Tuscaloosa, go to Archibald's!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Dreamland is very good, but it's not Archibald's BBQ...
I too nearly had a heart attack when I saw the news. Thankfully, it appears that they'll survive this. I've only had Dreamland once, and I'll never go back. I always tell people to avoid Dreamland when they say they're going to Tuscaloosa, go to Archibald's!

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
When Big Daddy John Bishop was sitting by that fireplace, smoking that pipe, Dreamland was great. Never been the same since he has been gone, they had their tax problems, and they decided to franchise out

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.