How do we solve the problem of Money in College Basketball?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
There is already an NBA Development league.

G League
Yep, know that. I think we need to eliminate the one and done farce. This will clean up much of the slime because it is all about money. The remaining kids have the option of going to the G-league or college. If they choose college they have to stay for at least 2 years. I'd prefer 3 years, but I just don't think it will happen. There are a large group of players who don't develop until college so this gives them at least some education and a chance to improve their skills before going pro. One other thing, anyone out of high school who is drafted can't sign with an agent until after the draft. That way the players who aren't drafted at least may have the opportunity to earn an education.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I wish that both the NBA and the NFL would develop their own minor leagues and would take kids who have no desire to be students right out of high school. Make college athletics more about kids who are truly student-athletes. I still think people who love college athletics will continue to love college athletics even without some of the four and five star kids who want to jump into their possible careers right out of high school. I still think most of us believe that playing a sport in exchange for tuition, books, room, board, tutors, trainers, coaches, and training facilities is a very, very, very good deal for them.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.