What does standing for the anthem and flag mean?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Pence's walkout was clearly a pre-planned stunt. If someone had started dancing on the flag, that's one thing. But he knew people would be talking a knee during the anthem.

And if he did this on "orders" from Trump, that is even sadder. This is a guy who told his son "this is what freedom is about" when the cast of Hamilton called him out after a show. Now he is reduced to thus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
We all know that Trump likes his minions to all but worship him. Remember when each cabinet member had to brag on Trump and say how wonderful it is to serve with him? This guy Pence is nothing but a little lap dog for Trump. This stunt he did today was pathetic and an obvious order from Trump. What purpose did this serve other than to charge up his base? Mike Pence, we as individuals do not have to do what Trump wants us to! We have freedoms which allow us to not stand for the national anthem or to stand if you like! What about putting your hand on your heart? If someone doesn't do that, are they disrespecting the flag? See how silly this is?
Pence's walkout was clearly a pre-planned stunt. If someone had started dancing on the flag, that's one thing. But he knew people would be talking a knee during the anthem.

And if he did this on "orders" from Trump, that is even sadder. This is a guy who told his son "this is what freedom is about" when the cast of Hamilton called him out after a show. Now he is reduced to thus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bless your heart. Marching to the Jon Piper.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Re: What does standing for the antehem and flag mean?

Explain this

I have no issue with players kneeling for a cause they believe in. Personally I would like politics and sports be separated when the game is on, but its whatever. But my biggest issue with this whole movement is how committed and genuine is Colin in this. He has made some headlines that makes many believe this is more of a PR movement because he was benched.

This Idiot , two words. Need I say more

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Pence's staffers told the media he'd be leaving early, so it was obviously known. Trump tweeted that he actually instructed Pence to leave if any players protested. Two conclusions:

1) For Trump/Pence supporters, it's apparently okay that old white people use the anthem as a political tool to raise awareness and outrage over social issues, but not young black people.
2) It sounds like Trump owes the US taxpayers at least a quarter of a million dollars.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Re: What does standing for the antehem and flag mean?

Explain this

I have no issue with players kneeling for a cause they believe in. Personally I would like politics and sports be separated when the game is on, but its whatever. But my biggest issue with this whole movement is how committed and genuine is Colin in this. He has made some headlines that makes many believe this is more of a PR movement because he was benched.
I agree so lets begin by removing their Non-Profit status.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Pence's staffers told the media he'd be leaving early, so it was obviously known. Trump tweeted that he actually instructed Pence to leave if any players protested. Two conclusions:

1) For Trump/Pence supporters, it's apparently okay that old white people use the anthem as a political tool to raise awareness and outrage over social issues, but not young black people.
2) It sounds like Trump owes the US taxpayers at least a quarter of a million dollars.
he had a scheduled and confirmed appointment in California that same evening that there is no way he could make without skipping the game, even with using private jet travel. There was never an intention of staying. He even tweeted a 3 year old picture of himself in Colts gear to appear as if he would be there. No question this was a stunt

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
he had a scheduled and confirmed appointment in California that same evening that there is no way he could make without skipping the game, even with using private jet travel. There was never an intention of staying. He even tweeted a 3 year old picture of himself in Colts gear to appear as if he would be there. No question this was a stunt
as least we know it amused his fanbois

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Who or what is a Jon Piper and why did you make this statement?
I'm guessing it's a word play.

John Piper (with the h) is a well-known Reformed pastor in Minnesota with a worldwide ministry.

Jon the Tidefans poster is well-known among us as something of a fiscal conservative/social liberal.

I'm guessing he's saying someone is singing the same tune as Jon and using a well-known name to make the point.

Maybe.....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The bat spit crazy continues to get crazier....

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017...s-cowboys-over-jerry-jones-kneeling-decision/

Jemele Hill is now calling for a boycott of Jerry Jones for HIS position on the anthem....boycott his advertisers (many of which ad on ESPN, her employer -
the woman has always been stupid, it's now on steroids). She says "stop watching" - uh, doesn't ESPN telecast Cowboys games?)

(And Trump is sitting there laughing because he is finally after 30 years going to implode a SECOND football league.....)

So if the patriotic standers AND the kneelers BOTH boycott the NFL........I can't see any possible way that's GOOD for the NFL.

Kap's supporters have called for an NFL boycott until he's signed by a team, too.....

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The bat spit crazy continues to get crazier....

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017...s-cowboys-over-jerry-jones-kneeling-decision/

Jemele Hill is now calling for a boycott of Jerry Jones for HIS position on the anthem....boycott his advertisers (many of which ad on ESPN, her employer -
the woman has always been stupid, it's now on steroids). She says "stop watching" - uh, doesn't ESPN telecast Cowboys games?)

(And Trump is sitting there laughing because he is finally after 30 years going to implode a SECOND football league.....)

So if the patriotic standers AND the kneelers BOTH boycott the NFL........I can't see any possible way that's GOOD for the NFL.

Kap's supporters have called for an NFL boycott until he's signed by a team, too.....
This is how you ruin nice things. I'm with the others and just wish the anthem weren't associated with sporting events. At this point it is overplayed and to me that takes away from the significance.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
This is how you ruin nice things. I'm with the others and just wish the anthem weren't associated with sporting events. At this point it is overplayed and to me that takes away from the significance.
what you can't appreciate pseudo-patriotic pandering? That's un-American

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
as least we know it amused his fanbois
it gets even better, that meeting in California? It was a fundraiser for Dana "I love Putin" Rohrbacher

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” - McCarthy (R-Calif.)

so Pence schedules a PR Stunt to whine about a lack of Patriotism to go help a fellow Putin Puppet raise money

and the GOP faithful applaud him for it

morons

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
what you can't appreciate pseudo-patriotic pandering? That's un-American
Well, hey, some people really do like it and take it seriously. I really think it's subjective. I don't need it to get me in a lather about our country but not everyone who enjoys the anthem is taking part in pseudo-patriotic pandering. Whatever money the DoD put behind it or whatever motive the NFL has for playing it many many people use it as a genuine moment of reflection.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.