Question: Gameday parking and things to do

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I haven't been to a football game in several years. Where are the best places to park these days?

And any suggestions on what to do on game day before the game?

Do you think Archibald's will be too busy tomorrow? When is the best time to go there on a game day?

I'm excited to get back T-town!

RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If you come down 359 park downtown near government plaza behind City hall. They have buses shuttle back and forth to the stadium and there are plenty of restaurant options. If you want out of T-town afterwards take 359 as well. You get there much faster than McFarland. Stay away from McFarland at all costs.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I haven't been to a football game in several years. Where are the best places to park these days?

And any suggestions on what to do on game day before the game?

Do you think Archibald's will be too busy tomorrow? When is the best time to go there on a game day?

I'm excited to get back T-town!

RTR

If you haven't been in a while, I'd strongly suggest checking out the Gameday web page: https://uagameday.com/

A LOT has changed since they contracted all this stuff out. We use handicapped parking, and hands down its the best parking available. But the other campus parking isn't bad either. Beyond that, I can't really say - other than I know there's a shuttle from the Mall (or at least was the past few years) and may be one from downtown, but I'm not sure.

Lots more food choices than there used to be, even a few years ago. We usually try to park early and stay on the Strip, but that's just us.

Hope you have a great time!!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
We just get down there and find the most reasonable parking that isn't too far away to walk. I don't want to wait in the lines for the shuttles. We like to get there early and park then walk around and shop and eat lunch etc.

It was just myself and my 10 year old when we went to the Colorado State game. He really wanted to be up front for the walk of champions. So we got in our spot about an hour before it started. It got packed quickly, so if you want to do that...make sure to line up at least 30 mins or more before it starts.

I saw in another thread your child is going? There is a family friendly tailgating area I think. You should check it out. We never got a chance to go over to it the other week. But, there is a fun area near the stadium entrance. It is a Coca-Cola area with fun things for kids. My kids loved it at A-Day and they had it again the other week. There are activities like kicking a field goal, running a drill, throwing a baseball, throwing a football etc.

Have fun!

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
This is all great info y'all! Thank you!!

TideMom, yes my 6 yo is going and the kid zone area sounds perfect also. Thanks!

Also, when does the walk of champions start? Where does it start??

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
This is all great info y'all! Thank you!!

TideMom, yes my 6 yo is going and the kid zone area sounds perfect also. Thanks!

Also, when does the walk of champions start? Where does it start??

It looks like the Walk of Champions starts around 6pm, it is in the front of the stadium. You will see it, it is next to all the statues. It was great to have all the players and coaches give my son a high five. He loved it.

Here is a link to the family friendly tailgate. It looks like they have activities for kids as well.

https://uagameday.com/family-tailgate/

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.