Wazzu just beat USCw

Interesting that the Wash St. used the shotgun in their victory formation. I guess if that is what you practice it makes sense.

Also, did not know that the QB was not able to throw the ball away on plays where he had given up possession of the ball before getting it back (like the flea flicker).
Well, now you know, and knowing’s half the battle...

(j/k I didn’t know either)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Kent Hance, and he surely regrets ever using Craig James and his boy as leverage to get rid of Leach right about now. He got Tommy Tuberville and a decade of mediocrity out of it. Good trade lol.

Oh, and don't ever forget CJK5H during his time at SMU.
No doubt, Leach is a legit coach. I thought he got hosed in that deal, glad he's built another good program.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm kind of surprised there weren't enough Tidefans online to have a game thread, even if it was a late night game. It was a big game, I'm glad USC went down.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I only watched the first 15 minutes before I fell asleep--it was so late. I haven't kept up with either team this year except from what I read about Sam Darnold.

I did read USC had 1 injury on Thursday and about 6 injuries during the game, so that sounds like bad luck for them. I know injuries to starters can sometimes take a toll. I hope we are done with the injuries for the season. Our defense does look better with some of the linebackers back in the lineup. We will definitely need them with the dual threat QB's we have to face.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
USC needs to get their ducks in a row. They stumbled along last year and this year looks the same. USC has an average recruiting class of #7 while WSU does not have even one class in the top 25. Their HC is another underachiever for USC.
After last year's loss to Alabama some were suggesting it was a fluke if you can believe that. May they swim in mediocrity forever.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I fell asleep during much of the game but was able to watch the last drive by Wazzu.

And Darnold getting trucked and losing the ball in the end...lol....

Lot of energy in the stands.....so happy for the Wazzu faithful, who have done their fair share of suffering over the years.....

Where's his freaking parrot. :wink:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Hahahahahaha.

I went to bed when it was halftime, but woke up and saw this wonderful result .

I am so glad the media darling lost.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hahahahahaha.

I went to bed when it was halftime, but woke up and saw this wonderful result .

I am so glad the media darling lost.
Yeah.....right after Wazzu went up by a field goal with 1:44 left in the game, one of the announcers blabbers "And Darnold wouldn't want it any other way!" - lol....I'm thinking really?

:rolleyes:

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Yeah.....right after Wazzu went up by a field goal with 1:44 left in the game, one of the announcers blabbers "And Darnold wouldn't want it any other way!" - lol....I'm thinking really?
the announcers were annoying most of the game, fun to watch usc go down to wash state though, when they got the field goal I was afraid of another close underdog not quite getting it done...Washington state looked the better team most of the game

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Looks like the state of Washington is the “center” of the pac12. Who would thought that was possible even just a few years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

Noticed that - all that was missing was the announcer running down to the field with a crown of thorns. Sweet ending!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Leach's teams are just so mercurial though. One week they'll beat USC, on another they'll lose to Oregon State.
That’s not just Leach. It’s a Wazzu problem. Still, though, right now UW and Wazzu are the leaders in the clubhouse. Not long ago they were the bottom feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.