Butch Jones death watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Do you think Fulmer ever wakes up about 3 am and can't get away from thinking to himself, "I probably shoulda just focused on my own team and left Bama alone." I do, and it makes me smile.
He is probably always thinking “Well at least I have a winning record against Alabama”. Although 1-3 in the last 4 meeting.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Do you think Fulmer ever wakes up about 3 am and can't get away from thinking to himself, "I probably shoulda just focused on my own team and left Bama alone." I do, and it makes me smile.
Yep; I think the record is something like 14-3 since ; Karma

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
The only thing Phil Fulmer contemplates at night is, “Should I eat another donut for a midnight snack?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
They have a very young team and they make a bunch of mistakes, but those young men play hard for Butch. In all honesty, they're just not very good right now because they're learning.
Understand this---I absolutely despise Tennessee. They are my least favorite team. Since Fulmer assisted the NCAA I have absolutely hated them.
But in this discussion, Butch has actually done a very good job. This past Saturday they just got beat physically.
He could have coached the game of his life and UT was going to get their butt whipped. It's not that UT is that bad--Georgia is just that good.
Who knows what they will do, but I think firing him would set them adrift in the wilderness for a bunch of years.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
They have a very young team and they make a bunch of mistakes, but those young men play hard for Butch. In all honesty, they're just not very good right now because they're learning.
Understand this---I absolutely despise Tennessee. They are my least favorite team. Since Fulmer assisted the NCAA I have absolutely hated them.
But in this discussion, Butch has actually done a very good job. This past Saturday they just got beat physically.
He could have coached the game of his life and UT was going to get their butt whipped. It's not that UT is that bad--Georgia is just that good.
Who knows what they will do, but I think firing him would set them adrift in the wilderness for a bunch of years.
Not sure we watched the same game.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Would someone please contact Alasippi and let him no Butchies mom has high jacked his screen name

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Several thoughts here:

First, on a human level, I have a bit of sympathy for Jones. I don't think he's a bad guy. He's just overmatched. And maybe not blessed with a ton of IQ points. And I hate to see a man humiliated for things he can't control.

That said, he does get several million dollars to salve his hurt feelings, and 99.99% of the world would love to trade places with him.

That has no bearing on how I feel about the UTe program. I may have to explain my inability to forgive one day, to Someone who has no need of lie detectors. But I hate those guys with the heat of a hundred suns.

Fulmer. Adams. Martin. Smith. Johanneigmeier. Kramer. Kirk. Sanford. I'll never forget what those miscreants tried to do us, and I'll never forget that they very nearly succeeded. Maybe to my own detriment, I'll never forgive.

To the valid point that the program will be set adrift if they fire Jones:
1. I think 'Sip intentionally "forgot" the blue font.
2. Even if he didn't, they've already been adrift since the last couple of years of Fulmer
3. So what? I care more about a mass murderer's allergic reaction to the pentobarbital.

Last edited:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
One risk is naming an interim coach who promptly reels off several wins against even worse teams like Missouri, and then gets support to be the permanent head coach. They probably have a chance with their talent to win the rest of their games besides us. My coworkers who root for them fear he's lost the locker room, though.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
This is his 5th year. If they are young that is on him, he can't blame Dooley anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.