Butch Jones death watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
He's just so trite. And he seems really stressed and constipated. I don't dislike him but he's hard to like or listen to.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The fact that Butch has been left twisting in the wind and no public statements of support for him from the UT administration tell me that short of a monumental upset over us later in the month he is going to be fired at seasons end. Also remember that CPF is back on the payroll there. The last time he was on the payroll and another person was HC he was working behind the scenes for the ouster of Johnny Majors and ultimately succeeded. Butch has to know what’s going on and if I were him I would already be formulating an exit strategy to bleed Tennessee for all that I could.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The fact that Butch has been left twisting in the wind and no public statements of support for him from the UT administration tell me that short of a monumental upset over us later in the month he is going to be fired at seasons end. Also remember that CPF is back on the payroll there. The last time he was on the payroll and another person was HC he was working behind the scenes for the ouster of Johnny Majors and ultimately succeeded. Butch has to know what’s going on and if I were him I would already be formulating an exit strategy to bleed Tennessee for all that I could.
That's possible, but we've all seen the dreaded support of confidence from ADs in the past. What good have they done? The coach tends to still get fired.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
I honestly do - he seems like a good guy, but he's in WAY over his head.

The part that bothers me is how fans treat these coaches - I guess it goes hand in hand with the anonymity of the internet, but people say the worst things about coaches they want fired. hey would NEVER say this stuff to the mans face, but they get online and rip him apart...

Yah, I'll have fun at their expense (as in calling him 'Botch'), and I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of Alabama's coaching staff, but she of these fans need some perspective in their lives.
Reminded of CLK threads while he was on staff, and continued mentions in current threads. Just sayin.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I'm kind of surprised that they don't can Butch and make Fat Phil the interim coach.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Some very unproven coaches are going to get very rich this year; maybe Neal Brown, for one?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Honestly if we're going to make Champions of Life then the man needs at least a lifetime contract to see how that plays out. We can't fully judge the Life Champions without a Life.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
With all that is going on at LSU, Les Miles is looking better and better. Instead of taking a chance on a guy like Jeff Brohm, if I’m Tennessee right now I’d fire Jones after the South Carolina game and offer Miles and bring him in at the conclusion of the regular season. They are not going to get Chip Kelly or Bob Stoops. Les has a great resume and has successfully ran a big-time football program in Dixie. It’s well known that he wants to coach again and as old lineman I think he would be a great fit in Knoxville. He would not break the bank and they could more easily off -load Butch with the hefty buyout.

Last edited:

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
So there is an SEC inside for the TN/UGA game covering TN behind the scenes. They wouldn’t show the beat down of that game and instead showed clips of the GA tech game. Botch is preaching body language but everybody looks like they’re not buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
With all that is going on at LSU, Les Miles is looking better and better. Instead of taking a chance on a guy like Jeff Brohm, if I’m Tennessee right now I’d fire Jones after the South Carolina game and offer Miles and bring him in at the conclusion of the regular season. They are not going to get Chip Kelly or Bob Stoops. Les has a great resume and has successfully ran a big-time football program in Dixie. It’s well known that he wants to coach again and as old lineman I think he would be a great fit in Knoxville. He would not break the bank and they could more easily off -load Butch with the hefty buyout.
Listening to the radio today, someone suggested they would not fire Butch until after the beat down from Alabama because they do not want the interim coach to endure that beating. It will be Butch's fault that Tennessee is so badly prepared and so he should endure that shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.