Butch Jones death watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I honestly do - he seems like a good guy, but he's in WAY over his head.

The part that bothers me is how fans treat these coaches - I guess it goes hand in hand with the anonymity of the internet, but people say the worst things about coaches they want fired. hey would NEVER say this stuff to the mans face, but they get online and rip him apart...

Yah, I'll have fun at their expense (as in calling him 'Botch'), and I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of Alabama's coaching staff, but she of these fans need some perspective in their lives.
IMO: When you pay a coach that kind of money, they can talk about him almost anyway they wish. I believe that ALABAMA is the problem. We hired Coach Saban and gave him a boatload of money. That set off other coaches demanding similar huge salaries. Unfortunately those coaches aren't worth the money, but their Universities pay them the big salary anyway. Nowadays the huge buyout clause in contracts kind of hamstrings universities when they try to shed a average to bad coach. I have to say it... Butch Jones is fair to average as a coach. Ed Orgeron is also.
FAIR TO AVERAGE DOESN'T CUT IT ANYMORE, UNLESS YOU ARE AUBURN... S.N.A.S.S.
When you make that kind of money you better be good.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IMO: When you pay a coach that kind of money, they can talk about him almost anyway they wish.
You are entitled to your opinion, but why does money make him less human? In this world, we are supposed to treat others as we would like to be treated. No caveat for socioeconomic status.

It is one thing to say that the man has failed as a head coach. That aspect of his life is fair game. But the personal attacks are wrong, and those who go down that road say a lot about themselves and nothing about the person whom they are attacking.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
No matter how what his salary is I do not like his personality. He rubs me the wrong way, just like a couple of Bama head coaches used to. Botch and I would never be friends. That has nothing to do with anything but this does: I heard a caller yesterday say "I always hear how Tenn can't fire him, the buyout is too high and Tenn would have to start all over again from zero, but the question is 'what will happen if they keep him.'" That is what I think. Look at what happened when LSU kept Les Miles. I think everyone agrees LSU should have fired him and paid the price.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
They are a long way from hitting rocky bottom.
That's almost George Jones-ish in poignancy - wonder if the Viles marching band will be striking up a rendition of "Good ol' Rocky Bottom" as Botch and the season sink into oblivion?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One thing Butch doesn't need right now is UT legacy and 5* OT Cade Mayes backing off his commitment. There's plenty of smoke surrounding his recruitment that he's on the verge of doing so.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Based on analysis, some UT folks I know suggest that as long as Botch finishes at 6-6 or better he'll be here through the 2018 season (yay!), due to the contractual costs related to firing him.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...nessee-vols-football-ut-volunteers/739577001/

TL;DR - firing Jones and staff will cost the university ~$14 million, plus the costs of the next coach's buyout and contract.
I laugh at this. Hahahaha. The person or persons responsible for that big contract (on a HC whose ability is suspect) should be fired. Ditto LSU. Of course the question remains as to just how low will Jones drive the Tennessee program before he becomes cheap enough to fire. Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy the show :pDT_popc:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.