Butch Jones death watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Butch Jones is such a hack. He's nothing but a motivational speaker's platitudes.

Saban likes that sports/leadership psychology stuff but he backs it up with technical substance.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Word to the AD's Nick Saban has no buy out, why would you give one to any coach? Odds are your coach will not leave for better job, you may have to give raises to keep them, but that is cheaper than paying to fire one, or worse keeping a loser cause you cannot afford buy out. Never understood huge buy outs, it is biting so many schools today, yet they continue to do it. Schools should fire the idiots doing this to them.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Coaches can talk about building leadership all they want, but they had better be winning games while they do it. Butch is not in that category of coaches.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
It is so much fun living in this state right now with how bad things look for their state school. They have nothing good to say about anything football related once the first couple of games are over. They know how terrible they are then.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
What are the chances, if South Carolina comes in and lays another whipping on ut, that Jones is released, and Phattycakes is announced as interim HC?

Would be the sweetest karma I could imagine :):):biga::biga::biga2::biga2:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What are the chances, if South Carolina comes in and lays another whipping on ut, that Jones is released, and Phattycakes is announced as interim HC?
I just don't think the numbers work for UT. It's so much money to make him to go away. As long as butts are in the seats at Neyland, I think he's safe for this year.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I laugh at this. Hahahaha. The person or persons responsible for that big contract (on a HC whose ability is suspect) should be fired. Ditto LSU. Of course the question remains as to just how low will Jones drive the Tennessee program before he becomes cheap enough to fire. Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy the show :pDT_popc:
May be wrong but, I believe that would be ex-AD Dave Hart who's credited with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.