Butch Jones death watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Kill recruiting efforts in order to force the school to oust a head coach. Fans hate what they are seeing on the field and somehow translate that into thinking that they know better how to move forward than the people in their administration. So glad not to have my school going through this stuff right now.
Agreed. UT fans must know he's as good as gone. What benefit does it do the program/fans to fire him before the end of the season? Just to stroke some egos and humiliate the man?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Agreed. UT fans must know he's as good as gone. What benefit does it do the program/fans to fire him before the end of the season? Just to stroke some egos and humiliate the man?
This will have to affect the recruiting of UF and UT due to the early signing period. I really don't know what you'd need to do.

Hankster2

All-SEC
Jan 18, 2006
in a house
For one it allows you to begin your coaching search publicly and get out in the front of the line. I would imagine that Florida's recent actions are going to increase pressure on Tennessee to rip the band-aid off now as opposed to waiting till the end of the season.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
For one it allows you to begin your coaching search publicly and get out in the front of the line. I would imagine that Florida's recent actions are going to increase pressure on Tennessee to rip the band-aid off now as opposed to waiting till the end of the season.
How did that "get out front" strategy work for LSU last year?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I doubt this catches on. Real fans know boycotting the game is the worst thing you can do. Neyland won’t be full Saturday, but it will be a long way from empty.
I hope not - as much as I get 'sending a message', if you don't support the players, you're not a fan...

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
you dont boo your own team and you dont boycott the games.

its poison for recruiting and the new HC will struggle to recover with anyone present for a visit.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hope not - as much as I get 'sending a message', if you don't support the players, you're not a fan...
I doubt this gets much traction.

I agree it is lame. Last year on their board there were people who said they hoped they didn’t win the East (they had a shot down the stretch) because they didn’t want another Bama butt kicking. How sad is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
its rat poison for recruiting and the new HC will struggle to recover with anyone present for a visit.

Fixed it.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
How did that "get out front" strategy work for LSU last year?
Correct. The big danger, IMO, in not cutting ties in mid season but having the "interim" get fan support and then feeling you have to hire the guy. Coach Ogre is a perfect example. If Miles had been fired at the end of the season Coach Ogre's name would not have been the only name in the hat.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
As much as I dislike the NCAA, I really wish there was a rule that says a school cannot fire a coach during the season without cause. Finish your season and if you don’t like you win/loss record then fire the coach. The players do not benefit from having to deal with this garbage.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I can't believe the tennessee fans are still fawning over potentially hiring Gruden. It makes no sense (though I'd LOVE to see it happen).

Maybe that's why they love the idea, they're tennessee fans and it makes zero sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.