JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Ole Miss wrap-up: Somehow, Alabama manages to improve on Vandy rout
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 1st, 2017 05:01 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Oct. 1, 2017 In our preview of Alabama’s game against Ole Miss, we said we’d believe Alabama could shut down an opponent with this kind of offense when we saw it. Well, we’ve seen it. Alabama somehow managed to actually improve upon its performance against Vanderbilt, thrashing a better opponent […]

Read More Here

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Didn't see L Ray in the game . . Lost his redshirt? Well, dangit.

On the other hand, he probably came to Alabama to play, so he's getting to do that a bit earlier than we suspected he would.

Hoping for quick recoveries by Hand and Diggs.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I love reading your articles. I really like the analogies in this one. It was a great win. I don't feel as happy about it as I should though because I am so concerned about Deshawn Hand and how the injury happened. Glad we dominated.

Fantastic read. The Hand injury is as big of a letdown there is but thank goodness there’s a bright side to it. We knew Ray was gonna lose his redshirt. I hope those that you named Jess do continue this trend of good DLine play. That will bode well for the future if so because that would build a little depth as Hand mends and comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

Mr. N,
I saw the line about one of the aggie players possibly "popping off" regarding playing Bama next week. Was that in one of the post game shows or something? I ask because on the two player official post game interviews both the offensive and defensive player were asked trap questions about their 4-1 (4-0 SEC) record and the momentum going into the Bama game. Both the kids have pretty Saban-esque answers, talking about just playing their game, cleaning up mistakes etc. It was such a good answer from both I'm trying to find who didn't get the memo about bulletin board material and opened their mouth. Only thing I can figure is an on field interview or the ever dangerous Twitter

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Jess want say it, but I will...
It looked to me like our players were injured by cheap shots to the legs.
The way I saw it on my DVR (Several Times)... Dawson Knox tried to intentionally go for our players legs. He injured Hand, but we fared better with Buggs.

These non-calls were more egregious than the 2 Targeting calls they tried to call on Ole Sis.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Mr. N,
I saw the line about one of the aggie players possibly "popping off" regarding playing Bama next week. Was that in one of the post game shows or something? I ask because on the two player official post game interviews both the offensive and defensive player were asked trap questions about their 4-1 (4-0 SEC) record and the momentum going into the Bama game. Both the kids have pretty Saban-esque answers, talking about just playing their game, cleaning up mistakes etc. It was such a good answer from both I'm trying to find who didn't get the memo about bulletin board material and opened their mouth. Only thing I can figure is an on field interview or the ever dangerous Twitter
Reference to it going around Twitter last night. The Tweet has since been deleted. I suspect Sumlin has the offender bound and gagged in the basement right now like one of Hannibal Lecter's victims.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Great read, Jess. Feeling good today. Now to focus on next week. Loved how CNS saying he wasn't worried about the last 4 or 5 game scores but rather about the next one. I have to believe he will have the team focused on another dominating win.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Fantastic read. The Hand injury is as big of a letdown there is but thank goodness there’s a bright side to it. We knew Ray was gonna lose his redshirt. I hope those that you named Jess do continue this trend of good DLine play. That will bode well for the future if so because that would build a little depth as Hand mends and comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
How did you know? Is P Mathis gonna play this season?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Reference to it going around Twitter last night. The Tweet has since been deleted. I suspect Sumlin has the offender bound and gagged in the basement right now like one of Hannibal Lecter's victims.
It was something about how Alabama has run its past 2 opponents off the field, but the only team getting run in College Station was Alabama.

When I saw it, I couldn’t believe it and thought I must have misunderstood what the guy was trying to say. Because, as you said, that kind of strategy has always worked so well against Alabama.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
It was something about how Alabama has run its past 2 opponents off the field, but the only team getting run in College Station was Alabama.

When I saw it, I couldn’t believe it and thought I must have misunderstood what the guy was trying to say. Because, as you said, that kind of strategy has always worked so well against Alabama.
You gotta GOTTA learn to screen capture

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.