This Saturday showed a few things about a few teams

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
in the SEC. The VOLS really are bad, Butch is gone by years end. LSU lost to Troy, I like Troy, as it is 50 miles from me. For a school like LSU to lose to them is sad for LSU, bye bye Orgeron. Ole Miss just felt the wrath of a Bama team scorned. As of today I see all 3 looking for new coaches next year. Now the big question is, are there any good coaches out there who want to come face Saban every yr? He has made it hard to find good coaches for the other teams. This all happening means the barn will keep Gus for a while longer. Hip hip hooray, no way they want to be looking for a coach in this environment. I am glad aubs won as now they will get the big head, cannot wait to lay waste to them this year. I have no more arguments to defend most of the SEC, this conference has lost all its depth. There is Bama, UGA and all the rest.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Ole Miss beating us back to back years, only team to do that in Saban era.It is more a Saban made up scorned thing, but it worked.:biggrin:

in the SEC. The VOLS really are bad, Butch is gone by years end. LSU lost to Troy, I like Troy, as it is 50 miles from me. For a school like LSU to lose to them is sad for LSU, bye bye Orgeron. Ole Miss just felt the wrath of a Bama team scorned. As of today I see all 3 looking for new coaches next year. Now the big question is, are there any good coaches out there who want to come face Saban every yr? He has made it hard to find good coaches for the other teams. This all happening means the barn will keep Gus for a while longer. Hip hip hooray, no way they want to be looking for a coach in this environment. I am glad aubs won as now they will get the big head, cannot wait to lay waste to them this year. I have no more arguments to defend most of the SEC, this conference has lost all its depth. There is Bama, UGA and all the rest.
It’s only one town I know that exactly 50 miles from Troy and that Andalusia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban lost to UAB down in Baton Rouge on a early Fall day in 2000. Imagine if they had fired him after that one?

Look I realize Orgeron has a track record at Ole Miss - quite possibly one of the worst coaching performances not at Kentucky or Vanderbilt in SEC history - so everything is viewed from the lens of "we've seen him suck in the SEC West before." I just don't think you should be firing a coach before year 3 minimum and if they decide to do this then they don't need to stop at the athletic director.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Saban lost to UAB down in Baton Rouge on a early Fall day in 2000. Imagine if they had fired him after that one?

Look I realize Orgeron has a track record at Ole Miss - quite possibly one of the worst coaching performances not at Kentucky or Vanderbilt in SEC history - so everything is viewed from the lens of "we've seen him suck in the SEC West before." I just don't think you should be firing a coach before year 3 minimum and if they decide to do this then they don't need to stop at the athletic director.
how quickly we forget the Louisiana Monroe loss in 07 too. Of Course Saban inherited a bit of a mess, Ogre didn't. LSU has talent all over the field

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

Some LSU fans down here are already saying they should just cut their losses. Go ahead and fire the AD, and Orgeron, then hire Lane Kiffin.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

The other difference is that Saban didn't take a yearly contender for the SEC West/SEC and then go and lose to UAB or L Monroe. Everyone knew he got handed a weak team. Orgeron got handed a very talented team and is tanking in his first season. But I do hope they keep him around for 3 more years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saban losing to UAB is not anywhere near comparable to what LSU has done thus far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
We already know that no one really wants the LSU job right now, at least no one LSU would want to have does. I think he should get at least another season or two with his new OC and DC to properly gauge if this experiment will work.

However, I don't know if Orgeron inherited any worse a situation than Kirby Smart at UGA. Both teams were in conference title contention every year, yet they underperformed for years with high caliber recruits. UGA has shown a marked improvement thus far in CKS's 2nd year as opposed to LSU's regression in O's 2nd year (1st year as official HC). The better Kirby does at UGA, the worse things look at LSU under O.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Some LSU fans down here are already saying they should just cut their losses. Go ahead and fire the AD, and Orgeron, then hire Lane Kiffin.
Hahahaha, that would be hilarious. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire, that would be insane. It would be a bit of a surprise to fire a guy after one year, so they better have a good replacement in mind if they go looking.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The SEC consists of:

3 elite teams ( Bama, UGA, and Auburn in that order)

1 flawed but okay team (Florida)

10 horrible teams

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
It is one thing to lose first season, it is another to lose in season 2-3-4 to a no name team. Saban never lost to a POS team after season one, he cleaned house and made us top 3 team from season 2-3 on.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The SEC consists of:

3 elite teams ( Bama, UGA, and Auburn in that order)

1 flawed but okay team (Florida)

10 horrible teams
Auburn has neer been an elite team, they have 1 yr out of 10 they look good, that is in no wat elite by any standard. Auburn is auburn, mid pack SEC at their best.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Auburn has neer been an elite team, they have 1 yr out of 10 they look good, that is in no wat elite by any standard. Auburn is auburn, mid pack SEC at their best.
Name 3 teams in the SEC better than Auburn at this point. I can only name 2. Their defense is one of 3 teams in the FBS not to have given up more than 14 points through 5 games.

Name 3 teams in the SEC better than Auburn at this point. I can only name 2. Their defense is one of 3 teams in the FBS not to have given up more than 14 points through 5 games.
I don’t think that’s his point. I think he’s saying that Auburn isn’t ELITE, not the third best team. I don’t believe Auburn is elite either, but they are maybe #2 or 3 in the league.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don’t think that’s his point. I think he’s saying that Auburn isn’t ELITE, not the third best team. I don’t believe Auburn is elite either, but they are maybe #2 or 3 in the league.

Realistically I can see Auburn as a top 10 team in the country and capable of winning the SEC. So I think they are an elite TEAM this year, but if you say program or Gus as a coach then no they aren’t. The point is barring Florida backing into Atlanta and pulling a major upset then the SEC’s title hopes are in 3 team’s hands.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.