2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I will pass out from laughter if UT passed on Kelly who signed for $3.66M and end up with Gundy for a reported $8.4M.
There is no way Gundy is worth 8.4M a year. No way. But by all means, break the bank.

I think some of these schools believe if you pay a coach Nick Saban money, then you automatically get a coach of Nick Saban caliber.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
That's a fair point but I think it's a little different for some fans if the coach in question will be the face of your program. But, you're completely right about the lack of outrage IRT Shoop. To be clear - it wouldn't make any difference to me whether it was the head coach, defensive coordinator, quality control etc. I would not support any coach from Penn St. (who was there during the Sandusky years) being involved in the Alabama program at any level. I understand why some people would feel differently and that's fine..
Ahem, Shoopy was a Franklin tagalong from Vandy - long after the Sandusky scandal had played out. What would be the outrage, that Franklin let skip out to UcheaT because he didn't have a hot enough wife any more? Shoopy also has a court date over welshing on his Penn State buyout - and Franklin is (or was) scheduled to testify for both sides. But I'm still projecting him as a great compromise choice for Toxville, both to incite a new round of outrage and to keep the spectre of Botch and previous failed HCs close at hand.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Could we please get back on topic and stop discussing Schiano? He is no longer a candidate anywhere and this is supposed to be about the coaching carousel.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Apparently Herm Edwards is very much in contention for the Arizona State job.

Arizona State AD Ray Anderson made it clear after firing Todd Graham that the Sun Devils are playing to win the Pac-12 South, and that he liked where the program was heading — without Graham steering the ship. Sources told FootballScoop Herm Edwards is a strong candidate to be the next head coach at Arizona State.

Edwards, 63, has not coached since 2008 and has not coached in the college game since working as San Jose State’s defensive backs coach in 1987-89. He went 39-41 as the head coach of the New York Jets from 2001-05, and 15-33 with the Kansas City Chiefs from 2006-08.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Warchant is reporting that a counter offer is on the table for Fisher, but it doesn't include a raise. There are reports that he has been feuding with boosters and the admin and that sticking around may not make a healthy working relationship.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.