2017-2018 Coaching Carousel - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 92
  1. #66
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greenbow, Alabama
    Posts
    12,699

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I think the Haslams just sold their interest in Flying J to Berkshire Hathaway aka Warren Buffet. I would say they are probably flush with cash and can easily write the check to get rid of Butch.
    IIRC the recent purchase was for a 15% ownership for Buffet, with the remaining 85% to be purchased in 5 years. However it is, Haslam can pony up enough to put Botch on th road.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

    "The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

  2. Advertisement
  3. #67

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I think the Haslams just sold their interest in Flying J to Berkshire Hathaway aka Warren Buffet. I would say they are probably flush with cash and can easily write the check to get rid of Butch.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    IIRC the recent purchase was for a 15% ownership for Buffet, with the remaining 85% to be purchased in 5 years. However it is, Haslam can pony up enough to put Botch on th road.
    There's some media members who get down in the weeds IRT coaching contracts. I was reading something that said Butch's buyout is payable over 3 years. With offset language included (which means if Butch coaches somewhere else that salary is deducted from the UT buyout) UT will only be on the hook for about $2M per year for 3 years. It's not like someone has to come in and right a huge check right away. Now, maybe if they're plan is to buy another coach out of their contract from another school but Butch's buyout shouldn't really be a problem for UT..

  4. #68

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    IIRC the recent purchase was for a 15% ownership for Buffet, with the remaining 85% to be purchased in 5 years. However it is, Haslam can pony up enough to put Botch on th road.
    LOL, they could dig through Haslam's sofa cushions and gather what's needed to get rid of Botch...
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

  5. #69
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gadsden, Al.
    Posts
    4,711

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Is today the day Botch gets the WORD?
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; October 21st, 2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: bold

  6. #70
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Posts
    10,275

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    IIRC the recent purchase was for a 15% ownership for Buffet, with the remaining 85% to be purchased in 5 years. However it is, Haslam can pony up enough to put Botch on th road.
    I believe you are correct on those details Gray. Nonetheless, they would still only have to spend some pocket change to get rid of Butch.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

  7. #71
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Gonzales, TX
    Posts
    21,890

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Franklin went to Penn State.. that was his dream job. Seriously doubt that he'll leave for TAMU.. Don't think he wants to compete with SEC folks again.
    I'm still not convinced TAMU fires Sumlin...or even sure why they would want to.

  8. #72
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Posts
    10,275

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    I think Sumlin has bought himself some time. Right now I think they will finish strong and hes back next year.

  9. #73
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    970

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Butch just got the nail in the coffin, losing agino Bama, anyone think if we do this to Orgeron and Gus that it does not shorten their careers . Nick may have BULT Bama back to the top, but he has buried many other SEC teams and coaches in the "PROCESS". I guess if one goes up many other will go down. I would hate to a be coach on the hot seat and still looking forward to Bama playing me.

  10. #74
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    970

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    I'm still not convinced TAMU fires Sumlin...or even sure why they would want to.
    I know we are not everything in college football, but the fact they gave us a game says something. So many fold and quit, they did not. Got to give him that. A7M at least on paper had a chance, and fought to the end. They did not quit. You can build on that.

  11. #75

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Georgia Southern fires Tyson Summers after an 0-6 start.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #76
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Gonzales, TX
    Posts
    21,890

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    I know we are not everything in college football, but the fact they gave us a game says something. So many fold and quit, they did not. Got to give him that. A7M at least on paper had a chance, and fought to the end. They did not quit. You can build on that.
    Tons of talent and I think Sumlin learned a valuable lesson a couple years ago with the QB departures and making promises of playing time. I think he's grown as a coach and will continue to be a formidable opponent.

  13. #77

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Tons of talent and I think Sumlin learned a valuable lesson a couple years ago with the QB departures and making promises of playing time. I think he's grown as a coach and will continue to be a formidable opponent.
    He deserves a 5 year extension and 20 mil buyout. Nothing wrong with 10-2 with guaranteed loss to the best team in college football every year.

  14. #78
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greenbow, Alabama
    Posts
    12,699

    Re: 2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

    I do not think Sumlin will be fired this year, but he still has to beat auburn at home and LSU on the road to avoid another 8-4 season.

    Edit: TAMU plays MSU in College Station this Saturday. They should beat the bullies, of course who knows which MSU team will show up. A loss to MSU could result in a 7-5 record. Still think he survives this year.
    Last edited by GrayTide; October 23rd, 2017 at 08:12 AM.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

    "The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!