2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Especially now tht the world knows all of your business.
This may be true, but many people get fired daily with out the money. Money does make a huge difference, better to be upset and embarrassed and rich than to be upset embarrassed and poor. At least when you have money you can CHOOSE what to do next and on a time table of your choosing. Not like their bills force them into jobs they take just to keep bills paid. Oh to have such problems LOL

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Another year and 4 more coaches fired in the SEC.
It's amazing what Coach Saban's dominance has done to the rest of the conference. Not that Sumlin (or any of the fired coaches) are anything speical but there's no doubt that teams in the SEC have downgraded in a desperate effort to "keep up with the Jones's" (newsflash, you can't.)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Now that Ole Miss has played somewhat better the last few games do the Land Sharks keep the temp or let him go? I think he has earned the job, under the circumstances. I don't see a really good HC going there at this time.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Now that Ole Miss has played somewhat better the last few games do the Land Sharks keep the temp or let him go? I think he has earned the job, under the circumstances. I don't see a really good HC going there at this time.
Is the NCAA done with Ole Miss? I don't keep track of them, but I suspect if they are afraid of more sanctions, they could remove the interim tag, give him a palatable contract, and then dump him when they think they are ready to turn the corner.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
There is a faction at Ole Miss...mostly people around Oxford close the program staff, as well as some former players and especially those who played with or for Luke...that would like to see him given the chance to steer the ship through turmoil. He did a decent job holding things together, despite them looking really horrid over a mid-season stretch. He won one more game than Freeze did last year, with less talent.

But I don't see it happening. Ole Miss has money to chase a bigger name, and probably needs somebody with more recruiting sizzle to survive the next few years. And I don't think the pro-Luke faction is big or influential enough to hold sway.

I could see Luke getting some consideration for a Sun Belt job like USA.

Last edited:

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
There is a faction at Ole Miss...mostly people around Oxford close the program staff, as well as some former players and especially those who played with or for Luke...that would like to see him given the chance to steer the ship through turmoil. He did a decent job holding things together, despite them looking really horrid over a mid-season stretch. He won one more game than Freeze did last year, with less talent.

But I don't see it happening. Ole Miss has money to chase a bigger name, and probably needs somebody with more recruiting sizzle to survive the next few years. And I don't think the pro-Luke faction is big or influential enough to hold sway.

Do you really see a big name coming foward with all that is ahead on the horizon? Personally I do not. It is going to take awhile.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I would think of him as a placeholder. He would just be the coach until sanctions ended in a few years and then they can go after a big hire.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.