2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Is the NCAA done with Ole Miss? I don't keep track of them, but I suspect if they are afraid of more sanctions, they could remove the interim tag, give him a palatable contract, and then dump him when they think they are ready to turn the corner.
Ole Miss self imposed a bowl ban this year. Most expect now that their season is over that the NCAA will hand down their sanctions in the next few weeks. Most expect a significant reduction in scholarships and most probably an additional year bowl ban.

Luke may very well be the best they can do after the NCAA gets done with them.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Good year to be a coach moving up, a bad year to be a school looking for a new HC. With so many openings pickens will be slim for AD's to choose from. So many jobs so few good coaches.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Heard some of the Iowa-Nebraska radio broadcast this afternoon. The Nebraska people are extremely delusional.

The color guy said they had a "plethora" of people that would have wanted the job when Riley was hired. "Probably maybe 15 guys in the entire country that wouldn't want to coach here."

He follows it up a few minutes later by saying the state has better high school football than others give us respect for."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Heard some of the Iowa-Nebraska radio broadcast this afternoon. The Nebraska people are extremely delusional.

The color guy said they had a "plethora" of people that would have wanted the job when Riley was hired. "Probably maybe 15 guys in the entire country that wouldn't want to coach here."

He follows it up a few minutes later by saying the state has better high school football than others give us respect for."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nebraska should have never left the Big 12 for the Big 10.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So with all these unemployed ex football head coaches does it mean ESPN will replace Mack “If Colt hasn’t have gotten hurt” Brown, Tommy “Dumbo” Tuberville, and/or Trevor “Alabama isn’t that good” Matich as analysts?

Wouldn’t be great seeing Bert munching on a turkey leg doing color on the Egg Bowl?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For some perspective in a year in which both of our teams could miss the playoffs - we will both be back in the hunt next year because we have the coaches in place and the players on campus to make it happen right now. All of these other teams are rolling the dice and hoping while we continue to live the dream.

Roll Tide!
Go Bucks!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.