2017-2018 Coaching Carousel

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Via 24/7 Sports--A newspaper out in Corvallis is reporting that Les Miles may be interested in the Oregon State job.

Last edited:

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I heard last night that the Gators already have found their coach, just waiting until the end of the season to announce it. Anyone else hear that? I can't remember which radio show it was.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I heard last night that the Gators already have found their coach, just waiting until the end of the season to announce it. Anyone else hear that? I can't remember which radio show it was.
spurrier says that here, but it’s hard to tell when he knows something or he’s just saying something to feel important - this does read like he’s revealing something he knows (or thinks he knows) but shouldn’t be saying since it’s not his place

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ascinating-rumor-florida-coaching-transition/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Jim Leavitt had verbal agreement with Kansas State last year to become head coach-in-waiting & replace Bill Snyder in 2018 but Snyder nixed it because he wanted his son Sean to replace him.

I know Bill Snyder is generally revered by the media but between this and his other antics he seems like a crappy person. Also, he's really just setting his son up for failure. He should let his son succeed or fail on his own accord..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jim Leavitt had verbal agreement with Kansas State last year to become head coach-in-waiting & replace Bill Snyder in 2018 but Snyder nixed it because he wanted his son Sean to replace him.

I know Bill Snyder is generally revered by the media but between this and his other antics he seems like a crappy person. Also, he's really just setting his son up for failure. He should let his son succeed or fail on his own accord..
For those that want to read the entire report, here it is.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Any other names swirling about the upcoming Nebraska opening, or are they putting all their eggs in the Scott Frost basket?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I wonder what their fans think about the main focus being on an FSU coach who is on the hot seat? That says a lot about why they chose Riley, who was on the getting warm seat. IMO Nebraska thinks they can no longer be a contender or they just want to save money, or both.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Georgia Southern beat South Alabama 52-0. That was GSU’s first win of the season. That should be it for Joey Jones. His contract is up at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I would image Major Applewhite is getting some warm britches too, even though it is his first year. I think the AD as much as said so before the season started. Win or Else, Houston does not lose.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.