CNS: "That's the focus -- on what we need to dominate next"

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
The further we get away from the championship game and what was going on internally with the staff. I am shocked and utterly amazed we were seconds away from winning a national title. That situation was an all around train wreck, yet we were on the doorstep of another title. I can only express my feelings with the words of the great Rocky Balboa in Rocky V- "Yo Tommy, I didn't hear no bell. One more 'round." I'm pulling for Clemson to win out. We've got unsettled bit-ness.
Ditto. ^^^ And really, "Thanks loads, Lane" is about all I can say about THAT..... :-(

Really, when you think about it, its probably a minor miracle we even made the P_ayoffs, much less took Clempson to the final two minutes.

IMO, Jalen was doing great last year until he learned enough to know what he didn't know. And IMO that was the LSu game. That game wiped the naivete from his eyes and the realized how big the stage really was - and he was never quite the same QB again the rest of that season.

By December we were basically only executing a handful of plays: Jet sweep, and dive play off fake jet sweep; painfully-slow developing screen; Off-Tackle run, Pass to wide open receiver running free in blown coverage, and Jalen tuck and run. That was the ENTIRE PLAY BOOK. And Clempson did a great job of defensing those few plays.

IF we had any semblance of a passing game - OR if Bo doesn't get hurt, we win that game (probably by two scores).

So yea, I'd LOVE to see us get a "rubber game" this January!!!! :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just read that Hand will be back in time for the LSU game and Diggs might be back for TN. Great news!

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Nick Saban is in uncharted waters here. How do you keep the team focused on improvement when you just hammered the last two teams that bad.
Well, the A&M guy helped by pointing out we beat two pretty weak teams... That was a big mistake!

Actually that guy is right though; we played awesome games but it is also true vandy and Mississippi aren't good. I thought we actually played better against vandy. There was plenty from the ole Miss game for coach to get on them for. Coach is telling his guys they haven't done anything yet against a good team. He's going to challenge them to put a beating on a good team. This is probably the only decent team we will face until after Thanksgiving. Time to show what we really got. Motivation solved.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think we are seeing the culmination of a decades worth of top recruiting classes creating superior depth AND playing a lot of the young uns. We pound em with the ones and grind em with the twos, threes and fours. It's a beautiful thing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.