CNS: "That's the focus -- on what we need to dominate next"

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
As I listened to the postgame press conference last night, I was struck yet again about why we continue to consistently play at a high level game after game. CNS is continually looking forward and not back. When a reporter brought up that in 4 out of our last 5 conference games we had scored over 50 points, he said, "I am really worried about how many we score in the next game and how we stop the next team that we play, that's the focus -- on what we need, to dominate next."

I remember years ago when someone mentioned that you can't get up for every game, CGS questioned that, He said that there are only 12 games a year and you should be able to get up 12 times a year. I loved that then and I love how Coach Saban is always looking forward and striving to be better. I lived through the glory years of CPB, including being at The Capstone in the 70's, but this is the best time ever to be a Bama fan!

Roll Tide!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I've joked with my wife that I think our team is blaming the entire SEC for us losing the national title last year. I don't know exactly how or why but the SEC should be ashamed for what they done apparently.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Well, everything seems to be clicking right VERY well now on BOTH sides of the ball. Great thing to watch right now. Here's to hoping they can have the same consistency throughout the rest of the year. I certainly think they can. And.... all I know is that Daboll has the Offense looking like a juggernaut so far.. way better than what Lane's first year looked like. Also, the Defense looks like it could possibly be just as good as teams past. Avoiding more injuries, we should be one if not the top rated D's in the Nation. We lost our top notch edge rushers to the draft, but this team seems to make up for it with speed in other areas. This may be the fastest D I've seen at Bama in a long time.

One has to think if this offense couldn’t put it on Clemson last year. Before Bo went down Clemson had no answer. He breaks his legs and the OC panics. We have weapons everywhere now and it is especially the QB position that has me extremely excited. Everything is going well, and this team has room to grow. Daboll is still trying to figure everything out. One thing is for sure, he has the running game figured out. Jalen is beginning to hit that over the middle and for big yardage. The offense line is gelling still and it’s probably playing as good as it has in years. Can’t wait to see it again on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
One has to think if this offense couldn’t put it on Clemson last year. Before Bo went down Clemson had no answer. He breaks his legs and the OC panics. We have weapons everywhere now and it is especially the QB position that has me extremely excited. Everything is going well, and this team has room to grow. Daboll is still trying to figure everything out. One thing is for sure, he has the running game figured out. Jalen is beginning to hit that over the middle and for big yardage. The offense line is gelling still and it’s probably playing as good as it has in years. Can’t wait to see it again on Saturday.

We are remembering different games. The Clemson I saw was stacking the line, daring us to pass. Only Bo was able to crash through that stacked line. Bo went out and there went our running game except for the QB.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We are remembering different games. The Clemson I saw was stacking the line, daring us to pass. Only Bo was able to crash through that stacked line. Bo went out and there went our running game except for the QB.
I would have loved to see Harris given the opportunity. For some reason, once Bo got hot, Kiffin forgot about Harris.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
And that’s what I didn’t get. Actually it seemed like Jacobs got more touches than Harris towards the end of the season too.

Harris had some nagging injuries last season didn't he? Maybe he wasn't 100% or due to the injury the staff thought he only had a set number of plays per game in him without risking more injury? He also seems to have taken his game up a level from last year.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I want the rubber match with Clemson. Best out of three and currently we're tied. They're defense is suffocating and I'd love to see what our offense could do against their defense. I think we get a shot at it.

I want the rubber match with Clemson. Best out of three and currently we're tied. They're defense is suffocating and I'd love to see what our offense could do against their defense. I think we get a shot at it.
I want it too. My good friend and I were talking about it just this weekend. With what happened last year, I want some pay back. We were the best team last year, but they caught us at the right moment with a little seasoning from the refs. I think we would beat them by two touchdowns this year actually.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I would have loved to see Harris given the opportunity. For some reason, once Bo got hot, Kiffin forgot about Harris.
Remember Sark was the OC against Clemson.

Whether it had been Harris or Jacobs, one of the other RBs should have gotten more carries during the game - even before Bo went down. Jalen had 10 carries, which is about right. Harris had 5, and Jacobs had 2.

Don't want to rehash the Clemson game since we've done it so many times, so I'll keep it short. Alabama had 34 rushing attempts; seven came after Bo's injury (three for Jalen and Damian each and one for Jacobs). Alabama had 32 passing attempts; 12 came after Bo's injury. He went down with Alabama 17-14. Two plays after his injury, Jalen hit OJ for a 68 yard touchdown to make it a 24-14 game.

Saw someone yesterday say Sark leaving Alabama in February might have been the best possible thing for this year's team, and I can't agree more. Daboll has this offense clicking now.

The defense is back to being ridiculous with Evans and Jennings. Hopefully, Hand isn't out long, and we're able to get Lewis and Miller back in December.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Remember Sark was the OC against Clemson.

Whether it had been Harris or Jacobs, one of the other RBs should have gotten more carries during the game - even before Bo went down. Jalen had 10 carries, which is about right. Harris had 5, and Jacobs had 2.

Don't want to rehash the Clemson game since we've done it so many times, so I'll keep it short. Alabama had 34 rushing attempts; seven came after Bo's injury (three for Jalen and Damian each and one for Jacobs). Alabama had 32 passing attempts; 12 came after Bo's injury. He went down with Alabama 17-14. Two plays after his injury, Jalen hit OJ for a 68 yard touchdown to make it a 24-14 game.

Saw someone yesterday say Sark leaving Alabama in February might have been the best possible thing for this year's team, and I can't agree more. Daboll has this offense clicking now.

The defense is back to being ridiculous with Evans and Jennings. Hopefully, Hand isn't out long, and we're able to get Lewis and Miller back in December.
The further we get away from the championship game and what was going on internally with the staff. I am shocked and utterly amazed we were seconds away from winning a national title. That situation was an all around train wreck, yet we were on the doorstep of another title. I can only express my feelings with the words of the great Rocky Balboa in Rocky V- "Yo Tommy, I didn't hear no bell. One more 'round." I'm pulling for Clemson to win out. We've got unsettled bit-ness.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Read Texags.com for chuckles. For every optimist, there are five more telling him he's crazy, they're gonna get killed... :D

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We are playing ticked off it seems, and I love it. If we can maintain that, 15-0 is very realistic. But we've got to start getting some good injury luck for a change. Of course, after seeing Hand's injury and then having the possibility that he will be back in a few weeks, maybe our luck is turning a bit.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.